Ok, most of us know that the component cable for the GameCube is ridiculously expensive. Supposedly, they typically go for about $80 on Ebay.

So I was thinking..... If the Nintendo Wii plays all Cube games, will it play the progressive scan Cube games in a native 480p? I understand that virtually all Wii games will be 480p, so I know the system can do 480p, and I'm sure there will be a much cheaper component cable available for the Wii, so I was thinking that maybe it wouldn't make any sense to buy a $80 GameCube component cable, considering that $80 could simply go towards a Wii system.

Of course the big thing is whether or not the Wii is totally 100 percent compatible with the Cube. I mean on a hardware level. Not software emulation. ATI did the GPU on the Cube and they did the GPU on the Wii right? If so, maybe on a hardware level, it's 100 percent backwards compatible with the Cube.

And then, if it is backward compatible, and I play a game like Resident Evil 4, and the game is in 480p, is it a real deal 480p signal? Or does the backward compatibility just upscan things to 480p, and it isn't the true 480p signal like it would be on a GameCube with the component cable?

I'm guessing it will be "true" 480p for the Cube games that offered 480p, but you never know. Anyways, if it is true 480p, then that's an extra bonus for the Wii. Those Nintendo Component cables for the cube are 'spensive!!!!