Thread: Availability:Akumaju Dracula Densetsu ('Vania 3)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Thokk

Question Availability:Akumaju Dracula Densetsu ('Vania 3)

Ok, so I feel like a total n00b, but I had no idea that the Japanese release of Castlevania 3 had a funky, neato, cool super sound chip in it to play an extra bitchin' version of the soundtrack. With Castlevania 3 being probably my all time favorite NES game, I am now all a twitter with "must have!"

So, with that, I go to eBay just to check out the landscape whereupon I see just a couple auctions. One is out of Hong Kong (WARNING, WARNING) and the other two are in the $50 range and claim the cart to be "rare." Yeah . . . Castlevania 3 . . . "rare." Right.

So, with that, I come to the board that knows. What should I expect to pay for one of these carts? I don't need the collector grade box, etc., but I would like to have a cart that is not trashed and at least has the label intact and reasonably preserved. Anyone have an idea on what I might end up paying for one of these if I exercise a bit of patience?

Also, I know that the US version of Vania 3 does not play in the NEX. Is that likewise for the Famicom version? I am assuming so, but it never hurts to ask.

Oh, and one other thing. Are the tunes via the super, neato, chip all bitchin and cool, or is all this fuss really not even worth it?

Thanks!
    Last edited by RyoGeo; 07-30-2007 at 04:10 PM. Reason: spelling