I recently bought a Jag off of Ebay, and I'm getting the dreaded "Red Screen of Death".

What happens is, when I turn the unit on, the Jaguar logo appears, like normal. Then the whole screen turns Red, with the Jaguar logo still onscreen. Then it just stays like that, until I turn the unit off.

I was reading a Jag FAQ on some website, that said that if this happens to clean the contacts of the game cartridge. I did so with some rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip, but no luck. I only have one single Jag game to try this with, so it's possible the game could be defective. The FAQ said that this is another possible reason for the "Red Screen of Death".

Another possible reason is that one of the pins in the actual cartridge slot is bent slightly out of position. I looked at all the pins and they all appear to be fine.

I'm wondering if I should clean the actual cartridge slot with a Q-Tip and some rubbing alcohol? I don't want to make this machine even worse, but I don't know what I should do now. I guess I should get another Jaguar game to see if the game has anything to do with it.