Hello to anyone who has any suggestions, and to anyone reading this!

I just got myself a PC Engine Duo (the black one) in very nice condition for about 5000yen, boxed with everything. A wonderful deal, IMO! Usually these things sell for 15,000-20,000yen in Akihabara in Tokyo. It's worked great for about two weeks... but just today, it decided that it didn't want to turn on anymore.

No power at all; nothing. Hu-cards were working great, CD and Super CD games were working, and my burnt copy of Ys I-II was working fine (I do own a Japanese original copy, but I've been playing from backed-up English version since my Japanese isn't up to par). I'm assuming that burnt CDs wouldn't cause such a problem, aside from maybe putting strain on the CD drive. The only other idea I have is that I had it plugged into an extension cord from my wall. Maybe there was a slight power surge that did it in? I really have no idea.

I haven't opened my Duo yet, but I'm thinking of picking up a set of tools to open it with later this week and see if it's just something basic. Does anyone here have much experience with them? According to multimods.com, I might be needing a Torx #10 security bit to see if I can get this thing back up and running again.