Quote Originally Posted by dairugger View Post
but these arent n64 graphics. i gotta say zelda looks nice. and consider that the system has to render it twice, plus the battery power that the 3d display consumes. its not like this was a shocker for petes sakes, the battery life wasnt hidden, nintendo informed people when it released the specs.

but it will get better. the same thing happend to the psp, it was then, and still is my favorite system.
If that's the argument then 3D should of never been a factor for the console. They should of called it the DS Squared (or some other marketing bs), included all the other enhancements but sold it for 50 bucks less.

The one thing I have always preferred about Nintendo handhelds over its competition is that they always seemed to make battery life a priority. Which meant that it was an effective handheld device, not needing a few spare batteries, or a more expensive hi-cap one, or a charger with you every where you go. I guess at this point I'm just ranting at my personal disappointment overall with the console's launch state..but the 3Ds in many ways seems like the anti-Nintendo portable which kills a lot of its sold portable-first appeal for me.