Yes its this thread again.

At the moment I am using an Enercell AC adapter. The adapter is a variable voltage adapter with settings at 6, 7.5, 9, and 12 at a 2.5 A. I've tested it at a 9 volts it puts out 9.17 which although a little low should work fine on the console. I get a crystal clear picture and no problems using this setup.

I also recently picked up a Sima SUP-60M which is another variable AC adapter. It is rated 3.3, 4.2, 5.0, 6.5, 8.4, and 9.5 with a rating of 1.5 A on the 9.5 setting. It has been tested and at 9.5 its putting out 9.65 V so it is in spec. This 9.5V/1.5A is exactly what the CDX (and X'eye) are rated for, however when I use this power supply I get a while banding on the screen almost as if I was using a bad RF connection.

I've made sure that the adapter is the right polarity and again tested both power supplies for output but still haven't found the problem. I am just curious to what all you think the problem might be. I'll also be testing at least on other adapter so I post up those results when I get them.