http://points-tv.com/?p=10

Oh, to one day make a pilgrimage to Japan and check out Akihabara, the mecca for retro video games and electronic/otaku stuff in general, and visit places like these cafes! It's one of my day dreams to open one of these in my hometown one day. I think these cafes elevate the cultural level of retro video games above the hermit subculture stigma by bringing retro games alongside such common cultural communal practices as drinking alcohol and coffee in social settings. Mind you, I happily play cartridge based video games by myself with no shame, but I am still a little romantic about the idea of the original Nintendo among other vintage systems having a larger appeal to gamers. I had to throw a Retro NES Party to cajole friends into humoring me and playing classic games with me. Who the f*ck throws a Halo Party to get buddies to play with them, you know?

Does anyone live in a city that has a retro video game bar/cafe? If so, what is it like?

Also: Here are some pics of posters I made for the retro video game party. Enjoy!