Quote Originally Posted by SparTonberry View Post
Also, if a translation group/individual took money from a repro maker, I don't believe they could longer legally claim their patch was made for non-profit use only to improve their enjoyment of a game they may have already legally purchased (buy an original, dump it, and as long as its still on your shelf you could use th ROM).
Right, even if it was a gift, it still kills any argument. Ys 4 or maybe 7 was going to be translated by Deuce a while ago, but some issues I think in Korea with a lawsuit about a Korean patch killed that project.

Daria, I keep sending you PMs, what the fuck, can you please read what I say and argue points I'm actually saying? Stop pulling shit out of your ass thinking that's what I'm saying. If I'm saying stuff to complex for you, let me know, apparently I need to dumb it down.

-->If you translate someone else's work from Japanese to English, you are taking someone else's work without permission. If you do that, and you try to put stipulations on someone ELSE doing the same to your work, you are a hypocrite. How else do I need to explain this to you<-- This is ALL I'm saying. No more, no less. Next you'll think I'm against translations or rom hacks.