I guess I just can't get into portable game systems. None of the screens are good enough as far as I'm concerned. They just aren't bright and vivid enough for me. Whether they are in the dark or in the light.

Sucks either way.

I got a GameBoy Advance SP recently, thinking that the backlit screen would be just the thing that the GBA needed to be up to par. Well, I've had it for awhile now, and I have to say that the screen still sucks.

It's hard to get a decent looking view of the action on the screen. Back in the day I had a Atari Lynx, and I don't remember the Lynx being that hard to see. A buddy of mine had a TurboExpress, and his TE was damn clear. I also have a Game Gear right now, and that screen isn't too bad. At least it has a brightness/contrast dial on it.

Does anybody here own about ever portable in existence? Which one has the best screen?

I think one of the real problems with portables and screens, is the fact that to put a really solid screen into the device, then the price is going to be very high. And companies like Nintendo, aren't interested in having high priced units.

That Zodiac system looks like it might be pretty sweet, but I haven't actually seen one at any retailers, and I'm kinda leary of getting something that might die out. Honestly I would only really want it to play Emu's on it. So it would probably fit the bill for that.

Anyways, what is your guys takes on screens for portables. Is it just me?