This has likely been discussed elsewhere, if so, please point me in the right direction.

I have a non-high definition TV, RCA, that says XBox ready. This is referring to a special connector in the back that allows you to hook up an Xbox with a single cable. The TV also has S-Video, as well as those three RCA jacks for video (red green and blue. component video, i think its called). Will hooking up systems with S-Video, or component video, actually make a difference on this non-high-def TV?

I heard that the component video is not actually a true Red-Green-Blue signal. Is this true? If so, which is superior?

What about differences between normal cables and these "ultra definition nitrogen injected super conductive platinum tipped" type of cables you see in the store? Are they actually any better?

Is it possible to modify a normal TV to accept true Red-Green-Blue signals?

Is there a list of the best possible ways to hook up each system? Which have stereo/surround, which dont?
Specifically, PSOne, Gamecube, Saturn, and XBox (the four now hooked up to that TV.

I am basically completely in the dark about this. I like RCA jacks now, but until recently, I preferred RF switches simply because you could connect a bunch of them in series. (I use RCA with my NES now, but cant see where it is much better than the RF switch.