Quote Originally Posted by Sylentwulf
Quote Originally Posted by The Collector
But I'm not sure if any other arcade system besides the NEO can be played through its home console counterpart(with a Phantom 1 converter)? That's why i thought it would be more relavant than other arcade platforms.
~bill
Then there should be a supergun section of the guide?
I have been seriously considering the pitching of this kind of idea recently, even as its own complete book. The main problem I see is that it's going to be difficult to catalog and rank (rarity/value) every arcade PCB ever. So where is the line drawn? JAMMA only? That alienates all the old stuff. Interchangeables? That eliminates the concern in splitting PCB from its full cabinet as only the cartridges would be listed (like the MVS was done). Unfortunately, it also eliminates a whole mess of games that are worth noting, but dedicated PCB-only. See how this can get complicated?

I'd love to see a guide (or section) dedicated to all cartridge-based arcade systems (MVS, ST-V, etc), as those are my favorite things to collect personally. Unfortunately, there are all sorts of complexities and worthwhile games/items are bound to be left out. Also, these things are essentially a niche within a niche, which may not even warrant attention like that. To answer a previous question, the MVS made the guide because, of all the arcade systems, MVS games have become the most accessible and popular among average home gamers/collectors. Even people who aren't interested in arcade hardware may have some MVS games, along with a motherboard or Phantom adapter for their AES at home. Even if no other arcade platform is included, the MVS has become relevant enough among home gamers and collectors in recent years to deserve inclusion.