Thread: Top 50 and Bottom 40 Wii games (including WiiWare)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

Personally that list depresses me. Thus far I've tried mario party 8 (sucked) and wario which was awesome (for a week or two) and sure wii sports is sorta neat for awhile as well. If your into nintendo games (I'm not so much anymore) then mario, zelda, metroid make it worth it. I'm not though (probably should have considered this before buying the wii)

I am however loving the virtual console and all its retro goodness. They can and should make improvements to it though, and keep the games coming!

I intend to rent mario and sonic olympics (when I can get ahold of it!) and smash bros should be great. Oh and sega's ghost squad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by otaku View Post
    Personally that list depresses me. Thus far I've tried mario party 8 (sucked) and wario which was awesome (for a week or two) and sure wii sports is sorta neat for awhile as well. If your into nintendo games (I'm not so much anymore) then mario, zelda, metroid make it worth it.
    Yes, Mario, Zelda, and Metroid top the list. However, Mario Party 8 isn't one of the Wii's top 25 games. It's not even close.

What about some of the other games like Zack & Wiki, Fire Emblem, Trauma Center, The Godfather, Battalion Wars 2, etc.? Also, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles and Medal of Honor Heroes 2 were just released and are receiving great reviews.

Overall, I think it's a very good, diverse list of games, especially for its first year. It's a good mix of action, adventure, first-person shooting, survival horror, sports, mini-games, strategy, racing, puzzle, one-on-one fighting, etc.

What type of games are you into? What types of games would make the Wii's library better in your opinion?
    Last edited by Rob2600; 11-15-2007 at 07:45 PM.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Zack and Wiki's awesome.

It's senario based puzzle solving. It's challenging but not impossible. And then there's the scoring and hidden items which encourage you to keep on retrying levels even after you beat them.

I've tried a few Wii games, haven't liked very many of them especially the early launch titles. But I loved Paper Mario (but then I like that series) and Mario Party 8 is mindless fun. But I play that only at work with a bunch of kids (I work in an elementary school.) Don't actually own it.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Biafra Riot

It's hilarious to me when two of the top 25 games are Maddens.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't care what any ratings system says. Carnival games + 3 other people + Beer = Gaming Heaven.
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluteg View Post
    It's hilarious to me when two of the top 25 games are Maddens.
    Why?

The Sony PlayStation 2, one of the most successful consoles ever, features three Madden NFL games, two Tony Hawk games, and two SSX games in its top 25.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2600 View Post
    Yes, Mario, Zelda, and Metroid top the list. However, Mario Party 8 isn't one of the Wii's top 25 games. It's not even close.

What about some of the other games like Zack & Wiki, Fire Emblem, Trauma Center, The Godfather, Battalion Wars 2, etc.? Also, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles and Medal of Honor Heroes 2 were just released and are receiving great reviews.

Overall, I think it's a very good, diverse list of games, especially for its first year. It's a good mix of action, adventure, first-person shooting, survival horror, sports, mini-games, strategy, racing, puzzle, one-on-one fighting, etc.

What type of games are you into? What types of games would make the Wii's library better in your opinion?
    More games that use the wii's controls and are just good. Played godfather elsewhere. Trauma center I played on ds. and the others I don't care for (maybe RE Umbrell since RE4 was kinda cool)

What I need is: smash bros and nights into dreams. Gonna play sonic and mario olympics tonight