I used to live in Oakland, NJ and moved out of there around 1986 or so.
Anyways, does anybody remember the arcade(s) that used to be in that shopping center where Shoprite is?

There was one that the entrance was a Clown's mouth (freaky I know)..and the other was down the mall near where the Movie theater was (was being the operative word as it's gone now). ( btw, that movie theater is where I saw my 1st pg movie..in 1980...Mothers Day..the Troma film at! )The arcade next to the movie was a lot smaller but had fun games and all. I remember seeing the Kiss, Ted Nugent and Playboy pinball machines there...*big pinball fan here*.

I moved a town or 2 away and really never came back to Oakland until a few months ago. All my childhood hangouts are gone.

The roller rink - gone.
The movie near the roller rink - gone. I think it's a blockbuster now.
Sears Surplus - gone
The 2 fore mentioned arcades...gone and gone.
The 5 & Dime store near the train tracks (where I used to get my baseball cards and wacky packages stickers from) - gone.

Sigh.

I know there used to be a arcade in the Wayne Hills Mall. I'll swing by there tomorrow and see if it's still around.
I did goto a local Pizza place in Wayne and they had 2 new Pinball machines there!