Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Re-designed Game Informer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I'll dissent, I don't like the new look and feel at all.

Also, what is the last issue you subscribers received? Mine was issue 199, nearly 6 weeks ago.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got 200 last week. I think they shifted things two or so weeks off, because it felt like 6 weeks to get that Epic Mickey cover from when I got the previous issue.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The Epic Mickey issue didn't seem that different. The following issue was a huge disappointment, however. Lots of very outdated reviews and what seemed like very superficial feature writing. In fact, I can't recall a single interesting article and they reviewed many of the same games that Edge did a month before, but it takes me a month after release to get Edge usually, so that tells me the reviews were really, really late. I think the truth is that the only really good game magazines left are Edge and Retrogamer, both UK based.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    I got 200 last week. I think they shifted things two or so weeks off, because it felt like 6 weeks to get that Epic Mickey cover from when I got the previous issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    The Epic Mickey issue didn't seem that different. The following issue was a huge disappointment, however. Lots of very outdated reviews and what seemed like very superficial feature writing. In fact, I can't recall a single interesting article and they reviewed many of the same games that Edge did a month before, but it takes me a month after release to get Edge usually, so that tells me the reviews were really, really late. I think the truth is that the only really good game magazines left are Edge and Retrogamer, both UK based.
    What's on the cover of the latest issue? On their online site, they still list Epic Mickey as the latest issue. If I don't get it by Monday, I'll have to call them.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There's a bunch of different covers for issue 200, celebrating their list of 200 games they think are the best yet. No, I don't think there's 200 different covers. I saw an FF6 one at GameStop, but the clerk promptly blurted out "that one's MINE!" I ended up with Gordon Freeman.

Speaking of that "top 200 list," it's abysmal. How the hell do you put together a Top 200 list where a good percentage of the titles have ZERO description or justification. There's tons of entries where all they have is a title. No description of the game, no publisher info, not even a developer credit. Example:

140 Diablo
    PC - 1996
    From that blurb, do they expect me to think that Diablo is the 140th best game ever made? NFL2K5 is #183 and gets a paragraph. From 121 to 200, only 33 have anything beyond a title.

GI was a joke. Now, it's not even funny.