Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Definitely not. My collection is nowhere near as big as other people's, but I love all my games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I once had a fairly extensive NES collection, most of the games purchased back when first released. I also went on a large buying spree (during my honeymoon, no less). I quickly realized that when I actually sat down with my NES and started playing these games, the experience was not what I remembered from my youth. The games are still fun now and then, but not fun enough to have that much money sunk into them. I sold off my entire NES collection and have not regretted it. If I want to play those games, I will load up an emulator or hit the Wii VC.

A few months ago, I realized that I was too busy playing GBA, Wii, and PS1 games to bother with my PS2 games. I already have ~40 PS1 games to enjoy and most of my ~25 PS2 games were sequels to games I had yet to play, or games I had already finished and would never touch again. I decided that my PS1 would probably keep me entertained for the next 10 years, so I put my PS2 collection in the closet am trading/selling it off.

I can't imagine ever selling off my PS1 collection. I have a relatively large GBA collection currently, but I could see myself selling those off in five years. The DS as well.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unless I hit really hard times...no. I plan to give my collection to my son so he can pay for college (or keep if he gets scholarships).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My collection has diminished a couple times due to theft and my ex being a dumb broad. There is very little I have now that I would consider getting rid of. Minus, a few dupes I have of items.
    Now it is the beginning of
    a fantastic story! Let us
    make a Journey to
    the cave of Monters!
    Good luck!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MeTmKnice View Post
    My collection has diminished a couple times due to theft and my ex being a dumb broad. There is very little I have now that I would consider getting rid of. Minus, a few dupes I have of items.
    hmmm what did your ex do to your collection? I remember I got into a fight with my wife one time and she opened my gaming closet and threw out all the games I had in there to the floor. Luckily the floor was carpeted! har har har! Don't worry we made up later that night on top of the games....muahahhahahah
    Visit my blog at www.retrogaminglife.com ^_^ You won't regret it!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually, I have been thinking about this recently and I think I eventually will sell off all my stuff. I have no children or nieces or nephews to give to, and I don't think I want them to be part of the estate sale when I die (I am past 40 y/o...). I have consoles and games from the Odyssey 2 all the way to the PS2 that I have invested heavily in, and it would be nice to recoup some of my investment costs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maxlords View Post
    I sell off everything I don't play or like. As I play the games, I decide whether I'll keep them or not, and if I don't like em...off they go.

If I had to sell to pay for food or a roof over my head, I would (well, maybe not food), but chances are very high that I wouldn't ever sell most of it. Even if I had to sell, I'd cherry pick the stuff I could bear to part with and get back later first. My collection is worth around 25-30K right now if I sold EVERYTHING for high eBay prices, and that would take MONTHS.

Basically....barring horrible damning financial difficulties...NEVER!
    Wait a second...You only keep the stuff you like and play, and your collection STILL is worth $25-30k? What the hell are you playing, Nintendo World Championships?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zap! View Post
    Wait a second...You only keep the stuff you like and play, and your collection STILL is worth $25-30k? What the hell are you playing, Nintendo World Championships?
    His home is built out of 30,000 SMB/DH carts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

I would sell my collection for the right price.

Everyone would sell at a right price. Even though adamant enough to say they would never sell...their tunes will change if shown the money up front.

"I would never let go of my copy of Charlie Brown for 2600!"

*shows $1 million in cold hard cash*

~~Instant sale~~~
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No, I don't think I'll be selling my collection only worth 4k.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    Everyone would sell at a right price. Even though adamant enough to say they would never sell...their tunes will change if shown the money up front.
    Quoted for truth.

Although I would like to think I wouldn't sell of any of my main collection, if the right amount of cash was offered or if circumstances were bad enough, I would. Let's be realistic here, they're video games, we collect and play them for entertainment. When you're strapped for cash the first logical thing to cut out of your budget is entertainment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zing View Post
    I can't imagine ever selling off my PS1 collection.
    It's weird to think that I wrote this less than a year ago. These past few weeks, I have considered selling off my PS1 collection. I haven't played it since probably a few weeks after I wrote the above quote. I have been too busy with the DS, Wii, and board games. The PS1 is collecting dust and honestly, the games seem far too dated now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would sell it in a Minute, If the Price was right..........

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One word: NEVER! I don't care how much you want for my stuff, unless I have a spare laying around, I will not sell anything.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    KBgames18
    PSN
    KBgames

my collection is probably worth 5-10 thousand atm, right now there's no way i would sell. if i ever get married or have children i might seriously consider it though.

Insert Coin (Level 0) kandied91z's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If i was offered enough I would, i'm more of a gamer then a collector as i only keep what i like it just so happens i have alot, all in original shape.
    Avid Nes and PS3 junkie.. nothing else matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For years, I collected pretty much anything and everything from NES and up. I had stacks of games that I had never even played; just sitting in boxes or whatever. I told myself numerous times that I would never sell anything either.

So, as I got older and shifted my priorities around, carrying around these huge boxes of unplayed games with me wherever I moved became tiresome, so late last year I made the decision to part with the majority of my games that I know I would never play. I ended up selling off a huge portion of my stuff, even the expensive rare games and factory-sealed stuff. The initial decision to part with your stuff is the hardest, I will admit. Even when I was boxing up stuff to ship, I was getting a little emotional...you know, these are games that I bought brand new back in the day and have had for years!

But, once you get the ball rolling, you really don't even care anymore. I've already forgotton about most of the games that I have sold, because I never really played them. The ones that I got rid of that I did play; I just hope that somebody else is experiencing the same level of entertainment that I got out of that game once. With all of the money that I made, I was able to pay off some bills and do some nice things for my gf and myself. Ironically, with the extra cash, I was also able to buy those hard-to-find games that I've always wanted to play (Panzer Dragoon Saga, for example).

Nowadays, I only buy a game if I intend on playing it. I've passed up many great deals on stuff simply because I know that it would just sit in a box and eventually I'd be right back to where I started
    Last edited by Smashed Brother; 04-28-2010 at 06:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't know what it is, but I think I have lost the passion for video games. I moved into my new house last August and the majority of the stuff is still boxed up from the move. I've pulled my PS3 out so I can play Rock Band and crank the sound as loud as I want. I also hooked up my Nintendo Wii and played a New Super Mario Bros a wopping 5 or so times before losing interest.

I still enjoy refurbishing Nintendos and reselling my duplicate games, but I haven't even unpacked my main NES stuff. I just open the boxes occasionally to toss in a game that I get from a lot that I don't already have in my collection.

So, I wander into my spare room every now and then and look at all the boxes, plastic crates, and Rubbermaid containers full of stuff from the original pong all the way up to modern day stuff and wonder what's the point of keeping all of this around? I really don't have any interest in playing any of it right now and haven't for quite some time.

Nobody else in my family is as passionate about this stuff as I once was, so hanging onto it for heirlooms sake is pointless. People mention passing their collection on to their kids. I'm turning 30 in less than a week and when I look at the way my love life has gone (or hasn't gone is maybe more appropriate), I find myself seriously questioning if I will ever have kids to leave the collection to.

One dream I have is to have my house paid off in full. If I did that, I think I could work less and focus more on traveling and spending time with the people important in my life. Any money from a sale would bring me closer to that dream.

If I do end up selling, I would keep the majority of my NES stuff, because that system of my childhood. I would also keep the small PS3 collection I have, because I enjoy Rock Band. It also has an interesting story about how I got it, which always brings back fun memories.

As others have stated, in a dire financial emergency, I would sell everything. I keep around an 8 month emergency fund though, so it would have to be a pretty big emergency.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bandicat View Post
    I don't know what it is, but I think I have lost the passion for video games. I moved into my new house last August and the majority of the stuff is still boxed up from the move. I've pulled my PS3 out so I can play Rock Band and crank the sound as loud as I want. I also hooked up my Nintendo Wii and played a New Super Mario Bros a wopping 5 or so times before losing interest.

I still enjoy refurbishing Nintendos and reselling my duplicate games, but I haven't even unpacked my main NES stuff. I just open the boxes occasionally to toss in a game that I get from a lot that I don't already have in my collection.

So, I wander into my spare room every now and then and look at all the boxes, plastic crates, and Rubbermaid containers full of stuff from the original pong all the way up to modern day stuff and wonder what's the point of keeping all of this around? I really don't have any interest in playing any of it right now and haven't for quite some time.
    I'll tell you what my wife told me when I was in your same situation: Put your game room together, set it up how you want it, before you consider selling anything that you might regret later. Taking stuff in and out of boxes is a pain, and looking at a mess of boxes is way less aesthetically pleasing than gazing upon a nicely organized, shelved collection. I still have yet to complete the advice, of course, but I did listen.
    "Where my finger goes is none of your goddamn business." -Metropolisforever

"my house is burning down as I type this because of a Sega AC adapter" -Oobgarm

Insert Coin (Level 0) superfamicast64's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    uiriamu-sama

Maybe parts of it, but depending on the console, it wouldn't be cheap. I will probably never sell my Dreamcast and N64 collection (those were the first two and my largest), and selling my Super Famicom collection would require a massive amount of money.

Quite honestly, i'd really love to pass down this collection to next generation so they can remember these awesome games.
    ==SuperFamicast64's Console Collection==

Dreamcast, PS2, Super Famicom, N64, Saturn, PS1, PSP, GBA, Genesis (w/Model 2 Sega CD), WonderSwan, SwanCrystal