Thread: Just a few more days until Shiren comes out.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Just a few more days until Shiren comes out.

Yea it comes out Feb 9th, so who had this ground breaking epic game pre-ordered already, and if you havn't done so, who plans on buying it?

I had this baby Pre-ordered for a month, and a half.

I can't wait to tackle that dungeon of insanity(1,000 floor dungeon), and the bosses overall seem to require tactics to beat, so that's gonna be a blast as well(among a bunch of other goodies).

PS. This is basically a, discuss anything about "Shiren: The Wanderer" thread.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

It probably sucks compared to any Blizzard game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    It probably sucks compared to any Blizzard game.
    ..Harsh.

I played the DS version and wasn't too impress with it. Maybe I will pick it up if the price is right.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I've only played the SNES Shiren one time. The DS version is just a port of the SNES version.

I think they've done better on the Chocobo Dungeon series and Torneko the Last Hope. It's also for the Wii, so yeah. I am sort of interested in Chocobo Dungeon for the Wii, though(as long as it's as good as the others.)
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'll admit it is always nice to get dungeon crawlers in almost any form, but this video where the A.I. is getting owned by a log made me lol:

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/rpg/fush.../video/6246783
    Last edited by BHvrd; 02-06-2010 at 03:53 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    I've only played the SNES Shiren one time. The DS version is just a port of the SNES version.

I think they've done better on the Chocobo Dungeon series and Torneko the Last Hope. It's also for the Wii, so yeah. I am sort of interested in Chocobo Dungeon for the Wii, though(as long as it's as good as the others.)
    That is false, technically It's the same name as the Japanese SNES game, but the entire naming system of the series is rather screwed up. Also ATLUS actually chose to name it this, instead of what the developers wanted to name it(which the developer's chosen name was even worse).

Ths game is easily more avanced then the Torneko, and chocobo series, no doubt(system wise atleast)

PS. I would love for the other Torneko games to be released in the US, Last Hope is the only one we got.

To BHvrd: Lol that's one powerful log that beating on the party member. I plan to always be controlling all my party members, and stuff like that only confirms that, that would be the right move.
    Last edited by Zoltor; 02-06-2010 at 04:16 PM.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    That is false, technically It's the same name as the Japanese SNES game, but the entire naming system of the series is rather screwed up. Also ATLUS actually chose to name it this, instead of what the developers wanted to name it(which the developer's chosen name was even worse).
    What's false? That the DS game is a port of the Super Famicom game? That's completely true. With a few alterations/additions, yes, but not really enough to be a remake, and it's definitely not a completely different game. Yeah, the naming system of the series is admittedly confusing. The Super Famicom game is called Fushigi no Dungeon 2: Fuurai no Shiren and the DS game is called Fushigi no Dungeon: Fuurai no Shiren DS. The "Fuurai no Shiren" is supposed to be the emphasized part of the title, but the "2" is explained by the earlier Super Famicom Dragon Quest spin-off Torneko no Daibouken: Fushigi no Dungeon. Fushigi no Dungeon or "Mysterious Dungeon" isn't so much a series as an engine designed by Chunsoft, but Fuurai no Shiren is a series within that. I believe the original Fuurai no Shiren was the only Fushigi no Dungeon game to get a number tacked on to the "Fushigi no Dungeon" part. All subsequent games had their sequel numbers added to their true titles, like with the N64 followup Fuurai no Shiren 2.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    What's false? That the DS game is a port of the Super Famicom game? That's completely true. With a few alterations/additions, yes, but not really enough to be a remake, and it's definitely not a completely different game. Yeah, the naming system of the series is admittedly confusing. The Super Famicom game is called Fushigi no Dungeon 2: Fuurai no Shiren and the DS game is called Fushigi no Dungeon: Fuurai no Shiren DS. The "Fuurai no Shiren" is supposed to be the emphasized part of the title, but the "2" is explained by the earlier Super Famicom Dragon Quest spin-off Torneko no Daibouken: Fushigi no Dungeon. Fushigi no Dungeon or "Mysterious Dungeon" isn't so much a series as an engine designed by Chunsoft, but Fuurai no Shiren is a series within that. I believe the original Fuurai no Shiren was the only Fushigi no Dungeon game to get a number tacked on to the "Fushigi no Dungeon" part. All subsequent games had their sequel numbers added to their true titles, like with the N64 followup Fuurai no Shiren 2.

Get on the ******* same page will you, we're talking about the Shiren game coming out on the 9th, for the Wii.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Geez, talk about rude. Sorry, next time I'll know better than to post in your topics with some useful information.

I can freakin' read, man. I know the topic is about the Wii game. However, kupomogli brought up the SNES game and the fact that DS game is a port of it, and YOU quoted that and said it was false. Unless you were saying something else was false, which is why I asked that at the start of my post, but if you were talking about something else, then you weren't being clear whatsoever. Regardless, even if I misunderstood what you were getting at, there was absolutely no reason to act like a total jackass like that.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Geez, talk about rude. Sorry, next time I'll know better than to post in your topics with some useful information.

I can freakin' read, man. I know the topic is about the Wii game. However, kupomogli brought up the SNES game and the fact that DS game is a port of it, and YOU quoted that and said it was false. Unless you were saying something else was false, which is why I asked that at the start of my post, but if you were talking about something else, then you weren't being clear whatsoever. Regardless, even if I misunderstood what you were getting at, there was absolutely no reason to act like a total jackass like that.
    This is the new school forum, and I have learned, It's a waste of time to be nice to new school gamers, and there is no way I can respect people, that claim crap like DQM: Joker or the newer FF games are good. Also the way his post was written, implies that the DS,Wii, and SNES are all the same game, which is false, the one for the wii is actually a new game in the series.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Can we get a mod in here to lock this thread and perma-ban Zoltor? He has created nothing but anger and frustration in his short time here on DP.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Can we get a mod in here to lock this thread and perma-ban Zoltor? He has created nothing but anger and frustration in his short time here on DP.
    When new school gamers actually learn what makes a game good, then I wont have hatred towards them, but as is, according to new school gamers, mad graphics, nothing else=good.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Adios Zoltor. You were great at not knowing what the hell you were talking about.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

I long for the day when new school forum posters learn that hurling insults is not the way to a: stay long on said forums, and b: create a positive and growing community.
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

You can't respect and have hatred for people that have differing opinions on video games than your own? What are you, 13 years old?

And last I checked, everyone posting in this forum doesn't share a collective brain. Why are you trying to explain your rudeness towards my post by talking about whatever grudge you have against kupomogli?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You can't respect and have hatred for people that have differing opinions on video games than your own? What are you, 13 years old?

And last I checked, everyone posting in this forum doesn't share a collective brain. Why are you trying to explain your rudeness towards my post by talking about whatever grudge you have against kupomogli?
    Some things aren't open for debate, some games are so bad, that noone with any concept of game design/mechanics would ever call them good.

back on topic

If the game is even half as good as the info implies, this will very likely be the best game in 8 years.
    Last edited by Zoltor; 02-06-2010 at 06:55 PM.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Uh, those are opinions. And opinions are always open to debate. That's the very nature of an opinion; it's impossible for a game to be factually "good" or "bad". And as long as someone is having fun, it really doesn't matter what's going on with the design or mechanics.

But if you really want to talk about technical things, the recent Final Fantasy games and DQM:J are far from having problems in those areas. They're not glitchy, they're not rushed, they have experienced programmers and designers working on them, and they're overall polished games even if some people don't find them very entertaining. It's not like we're talking Drake of the 99 Dragons here.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry, but that's not how it works, Zoltor. You conduct yourself with some modicum of civility towards other people here, or you GTFO. That's how it works.

Consider this your official warning.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    This is the new school forum, and I have learned, It's a waste of time to be nice to new school gamers, and there is no way I can respect people, that claim crap like DQM: Joker or the newer FF games are good. Also the way his post was written, implies that the DS,Wii, and SNES are all the same game, which is false, the one for the wii is actually a new game in the series.

No, what was said, was that your quote of 'false' was indeed incorrect. The DS is a remake of the SFC game. Get over it. Then going on the offensive because someone make the effort to explain the naming nomenclature. You then go on about people liking DQM:Jokers and other dungeon crawlers (or even RPG's) and if they like them that they can't be respected? Get off your high horse.

I love that you're going on about this 'new school' game thats stuck on living in the past (with better graphics! New school fanboy!) and doesn't do anything but rehash the genre in yet another series thats got only a niche following here. Old games are only going to be getting older while being a base for that which is to come. Games are a visual medium and now that equipment can handle prettier, more intense visuals that has become and will be increasingly more important.

This thread is done. If anyone else cares to start a Shiren thread, more power to them. You Zoltor are as Berserker has posted, warned. You don't have to like what others say, BUT here, you respect what others say, just as they respect your brash uninformed and often out there posts.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog