Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wiggyx View Post
    This just seems absurd to me. You guys and gals have any feelings about it one way or another?
    Can't say I'm surprised to see it up on eBay. A lot of the VGA stuff seems to go there after the first person gets it graded to sell for lots of money.

I sort of get the VGA thing. I mean, I have also collected both cards and action figures for a long, long time and that sort of stuff is common in those worlds. Having said that, I don't like sealed collecting in video games, so... yeah. I also can't say I own one graded anything for my other collections, although I do have a bunch of brand new action figures -- the difference to me though is that they look better displayed in packaging (usually) than they do out of it, so...

If your deal is that you want to grade it to look at, then great -- grade it and look at it. It's your stuff. This is just weird though -- I don't know of anyone who likes to check out their cart's internals all the time. We'll see if the game sells or not, and we'll see if it was worth it, I guess.
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

Damn, I should have had my N64 test cartridge graded before I sold it recently. Might have doubled my money.

More power to the guy though. If someone is willing to pay that much for it, then I congratulate his wife on the many pair of shoes she will buy with the money. I personally would not have split the cart like that but it'll attract someone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

Limited VGA use for real historical preservation intent, fine. I can even understand the prices on some games from a rarity point of view.

Still for display/history purposes a non-graded comparable service is more sensible. Description and number adds money without changing the game's shape.
    Lum fan.