Quote Originally Posted by dgdgagdae View Post
I tried playing Deadly Premonition, it was going to be my next game to finish. The story looks awesome, and the main character is messed up enough to be interesting. But I ended up uninstalling it from my 360 and putting it away. I was just fighting the interface too much for it to be any fun at all.

There's something to shoot right there. RIGHT THERE! Turn around! No, stop aiming, so you can turn. Wrong stick, that just turns the camera. Oh, but the camera snapped back. Ok, aim. No, other trigger. Fire with...A? No, you can't move while you're shooting. There's no way to run?

It was too frustrating to be playable.
The interface has issues for sure, but with some practice you actually get better at it, and it becomes doable. By the end I was taking out those wall crawlers without taking a hit.

Resonance of fate: now there's a game ruined by a shitty interface. The game is so cool conceptually, but the battles are ridiculously unfair and complicated. I gave up on ot.

Anyway, back to dp. I finished the game last weekend and it was fantastic. I've been playing the game on and off for about a year and I finally beat it. I was actually very sad to finish it because I enjoyed spending time in green vale so much. This game just backs up what I've always felt: Japan always makes the best games. They may be quirky or have interface problems, but I always enjoy a well-made and unique Japanese game. Don't get me wrong--I love my fair share of western games too. But there's a clumsiness to the voice acting and awkwardness to the whole experience that is just bizarrely fascinating to me, and I can't get enough.

After finishing this I jumped into metal gear solid 3 on the hd collection, and I love that game for a lot of the same reasons.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.928528,-118.227065