Insert Coin (Level 0) Twin Paradox's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Twin Paradox

Default PSone console won't power on

I bought a PSone (The smaller redesigned version) at a flea market a few days ago and was quite unhappy to discover that it does not even power on. I knew it was a gamble buying it, but I would at least like to try repairing it if possible. I have tested the AC adapter with a multimeter and I am getting the proper voltage, so I have ruled that out. I have spent countless hours on google trying to find any relevant info and nothing has been useful so far. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    It's official, my snes cart only collection is complete! The collection includes both competition carts, ISS, ISSD, EMBR/SR and Super Noah's Ark 3D.

Please check out my video game cover music.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twin Paradox View Post
    I bought a PSone (The smaller redesigned version) at a flea market a few days ago and was quite unhappy to discover that it does not even power on. I knew it was a gamble buying it, but I would at least like to try repairing it if possible. I have tested the AC adapter with a multimeter and I am getting the proper voltage, so I have ruled that out. I have spent countless hours on google trying to find any relevant info and nothing has been useful so far. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Check the solder joints on the power connector, they break easily. I have also seen units that have a burned component near the power port, look for scorch marks.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Twin Paradox's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Twin Paradox

Quote Originally Posted by Tokimemofan View Post
    Check the solder joints on the power connector, they break easily. I have also seen units that have a burned component near the power port, look for scorch marks.
    I looked at the power connector solder joints on the backside of the console and they seem fine. By power connector, you mean where the ac adapter plugs in right? I don't see any sign of burned components either. I am going to desolder the power connector and resolder it completely and see if that does anything. I will let you know . . .
    It's official, my snes cart only collection is complete! The collection includes both competition carts, ISS, ISSD, EMBR/SR and Super Noah's Ark 3D.

Please check out my video game cover music.