Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by RARusk View Post
    So basically you're saying that it runs better on the older models? While I currently don't have a PS3 I am looking towards trying to acquire an older model Backwards Compatible version so I can do some testing on some of the PS2 games that I have written guides on. And I definitely want to get this game so I won't have to hunt it down when I do acquire a PS3 (and add more info on my "Deadly Premonition" guide). I am curious if the frame rate problem also affects the Japanese version of the game, "Red Seeds Profile". It would seem to me that they ported over that version, localized it, and added the new stuff for the American version. One advantage that the PS3 has over the X360 is the ability to switch out hard drives with any another type including SSDs. I wish I could use SSDs on my X360.

Based on the posted video it appears that the whole story may very well be a dark childhood tale. This makes things more interesting. It also appears that they have fixed some of the control complaints as far as I can see.
    no thats the thing, the original release red seeds profile had none of these problems, for all intents and purposes it was the exact same as the original xbox 360 release
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i've got the digital version. Played through the conversation with Polly so far. The frame rate is definitely worse in the red room and during parts of the prologue, but I can't say it was too bothersome. I was more happy about the enemies not taking too many hits to kill! If the frame rate doesn't get worse than that section, I won't be disappointed. I could still pull off headshots just fine and this game doesn't require frame perfect inputs. and aiming won't matter once I get infinite ammo weapons anyway.

Now if I get crashes and out of bounds crap, that will suck.