0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zthun
    PSN
    Zthun
    Steam
    Zthun

Default Games with 2nd player easiness.

I'm looking for Co-Op games that have the feature that the 2nd player has to do very little. The following are examples and ones that I have:

1. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) - 2nd player only has to grab stars with the 2nd wii mote.
    2. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) - Same as above.
    3. Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii) - Diddy Kong can hop on Donkey Kong's back and just shoot peanuts.

What other games are like the above 3 where the 2nd player can participate but has little to do? I'm mostly looking for games on the Wii, 360 and PS3, but I'll take a broad spectrum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not PSWii60...

Sonic 2: 2nd player controls Tails. Not much to do but occasionally carry Sonic around or collect rings. Also, Tails can't die.

Mario Kart Double Dash: 2 players can control one kart, the 2nd player can just ride in the back using the power ups.

Duck Hunt: 2nd player can control the ducks.
    Last edited by Ro-J; 08-07-2013 at 09:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I hear Sin & Punishment 2 (Wii) has a relatively small role for the second player.

Kirby Super Star also has a second player that can basically re-spawn indefinitely.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Definitely not modern but gauntlet 2 as long as it was 2p or more, the NES could let you infinitely continue and other than one guy trying hard the others could just be dragged along like baggage.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Most of the Tales games. Player one controls everything, player two through a possible four, even on PSX, control the other characters. I don't think the Super Famicom version of Tales of Phantasia allows for it, and the GBA version of the same game doesn't either.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Jet Force Gemini for the N64 has got this little guy that hovers around the main character. You have to assemble him first before he becomes available, but then the second player can control him. If I remember correctly, all you do with him is just point where you're going to shoot, and fire away.

The whole Metal Slug series, which is available for the Wii, is also really easy. It's not so much that the second player does less than the first player, it's just really easy gameplay overall. And so much fun!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guyra View Post
    The whole Metal Slug series, which is available for the Wii, is also really easy. It's not so much that the second player does less than the first player, it's just really easy gameplay overall. And so much fun!
    Not to be a douche, but you've beaten them without continuing? Infinite continues do not make a game easy. Credit-feeding, while loads of fun and also the way I generally play arcade games myself, is not a legitimate clear. For instance, clearing NES Contra on 3 lives is legit; 30, not so much.

To add to the thread, most of the Darius games give the second player (blue ship) an additional weapon power up level from the start. Not easy, but helpful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ro-J View Post
    Not PSWii60...

Sonic 2: 2nd player controls Tails. Not much to do but occasionally carry Sonic around or collect rings. Also, Tails can't die.
    Actually you can play Sonic 2 on all three since it's a download title for 360, Wii and PS3. It's also playable in Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, available for both 360 and PS3.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

De Blob 2 (maybe 1 also, haven't played it) has the second player able to shoot some objects and Blob. Only played this once or twice with my 6 year old on player 2. Not too different from what p2 does on SMG, what they do doesn't really matter much but can be helpful. I played on PS3 with move controller for p2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by klausien View Post
    Not to be a douche, but you've beaten them without continuing? Infinite continues do not make a game easy. Credit-feeding, while loads of fun and also the way I generally play arcade games myself, is not a legitimate clear. For instance, clearing NES Contra on 3 lives is legit; 30, not so much.
    Sure, I used a bunch of continues. Honestly, I couldn't care less about what some people consider "legitimately clearing a game." I want to play through the games for my own entertainment, not for bragging rights.

The continues in this series doesn't even pause the gameplay; It's just pressing the start button, and you're is back in the game. And from what I can gather, OP seems to be in it for the fun of playing with someone else, and not for trying to "legitimately clear the games" - OP never mentioned anything about that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Guyra, I didn't mean to be offensive with my comment! I was just trying to save you from possibly being lambasted on more hostile boards in the future for saying that Metal Slug was easy! I credit-feed 99% of the time myself because I agree that gaming is about having as much fun as possible!

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho View Post
    I hear Sin & Punishment 2 (Wii) has a relatively small role for the second player.
    Sin & Punishment 1 has a 2P mode. It's weird. You divide up control of firing and control of the character's movements between the two controllers. Activating 2P control was strange, had to do it in-game or something. The manual states it but it's one easily-overlooked statement; I remember going through the manual carefully to figure out how 2P control works.

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    I don't think the Super Famicom version of Tales of Phantasia allows for it
    Didn't see anything in the manual about 2P input at all, so it looks like this is right. I recall one or more of the SFC FF games having 2P input able to be assigned to someone for menu control during battle. Not much but kinda neat I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyra View Post
    Jet Force Gemini for the N64 has got this little guy that hovers around the main character. You have to assemble him first before he becomes available, but then the second player can control him. If I remember correctly, all you do with him is just point where you're going to shoot, and fire away.
    His name is Floyd. He has semi-automatic twin laser cannons and LEDs on his backside that glow red when enemies are detected nearby, or blue when no enemies are detected nearby. He tends to make a beeping pattern when switching to red to alert you.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well its definitely not modern but in the NES classic GYROMITE the second player doesn't have to do much

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by klausien View Post
    Guyra, I didn't mean to be offensive with my comment! I was just trying to save you from possibly being lambasted on more hostile boards in the future for saying that Metal Slug was easy! I credit-feed 99% of the time myself because I agree that gaming is about having as much fun as possible!
    Ah, it's fine! And sorry if I misunderstood you! But yes, I do agree with you, if you're going to play the game without using continues, then you're screwed. Unless you're really good at the games. xD

Quote Originally Posted by FoxNtd View Post
    His name is Floyd. He has semi-automatic twin laser cannons and LEDs on his backside that glow red when enemies are detected nearby, or blue when no enemies are detected nearby. He tends to make a beeping pattern when switching to red to alert you.
    Aw man, now I really want to play this again! And I don't own it!

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Dragon's Crown on the PS3. If you already happen to have a high level character, you can start a new game and have the second player be the high level character in local co op. It'd scale the character and equipment level down to 35 so the character wouldn't be too overpowered(second half of the game is level 17-30.) The reason I say a higher level character, is because this way player two doesn't have to do anything but repair equipment once every few dungeons. No need to reequip anything, etc.

The game is similar to Golden Axe, Knights of the Round, Capcom Dungeons and Dragons, etc but it also has a loot drop system tied to a RPG system where you customize your characters skill points.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

Silent Service on NES was way easier to play with someone on the 2nd controller.

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r