6 months later, I have gotten myself a converter device that allows me to play American SNES games on a Japanese Super Famicom console. I bought it solely for Secret of Evermore. An interesting thing is that the Japanese seller I bought it from is or was obviously learning English using English language video games. In this particular case, Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest (USA version). With the help of, I assume, his English language teachers/tutors, he/she even "published" a mostly accurate English translation of the American FFMQ instruction manual.

Only until after I cleaned the converter using isopropyl alcohol did I notice that on the back, it says to NOT do what I just done. I don't know whether I made the situation better or worse, but thankfully it still works with both games (SOE and FFMQ), albeit with a decent amount of cart slot adjustment and rebooting.

I also recently began translating the Secret of Evermore instruction manual from English into Japanese. Needless to say, it is significantly more time consuming than the other way around (J to E) and also requires a wholly different mindset. I can do the whole manual mind you, the main issues are having natural-sounding Japanese (as a non-native and being non-fluent, that is near impossible) and time (E to J is more mentally exhausting than J to E). As for why, I just want to.