Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: digital press guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sorry - will change that -- but the dash is a form of punctuation - uncomon but accepted and generaly not liked -- as explained to me in college -- the huried and lazy form of using the dash for pauses and idea change - something like that --- ive goten so used to that when im trying to be fast

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raccoon Lad
    Just imagine how big the guide would be if we added in all that extra data AND 16 bit consoles x_x
    My guess, is the guide would be about 10000 pages. Try sending that through the mail!

Listen Google, can you PLEASE use some punctuation? It's very difficult to read your posts otherwise.

D
    I agree. It certainly would make it easier for you to make your point if we could read it. That is all.

Danny

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by googlefest1

look if you want to feel mighty then ban me ( i'm sure thats what you meant)
    Sweet Christ on a Cracker, that statement is so asinine as to be laughable. We don't ban people just because they have a different opinion, for God's sake. I don't know what it's like at other boards you frequent, but we're very tolerant here at DP. Though we'll verbally slap you around if we disagree with you. So, if you state an unpopular opinion, expect to be kicked around for it. As you seem to be now.

And the whole "Go ahead and ban me then" type of reverse-threat is just stupid. I'd rather keep you around and make your life Hell rather than drum you off the board. And if I want to feel mighty, I'll just start marking up your messages in red pen and then send them back to you for revisions.
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CueWarrior
    You're kidding right?

well i finaly got the book and boy was i disapointed
    You're using the author's forums free of charge and then you bad mouth his work? Did you expect any of us to agree with you since many of us posted that the book is worthwhile?

D
    Hey, people? He's allowed to his opinion about the guide or anything else. Call off the dogs already, sheesh.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

I for one appreciate your opinion, Googlefest1. You're entitled to it - and if there weren't people who had negative feedback, the book might not improve as quickly in future editions.

On the other hand, being accused of false advertising of any sort (you state numerous times that it isn't what you expected) is a terrible error on your part. The book couldn't be better described and sampled. I've given you every system the book contains right on the order form and it's clearly listed on the cover of the book itself, which is viewable on the order form. Also there are sample pages where you can read actual pages from the book.

Like anything else in this world, you have to do your research as a consumer. Buying it because it's something you thought it would be isn't very smart, and anyone here who owns the book would have been more than happy to share their opinions and details you needed.

Anyway, the bottom line is this: SEND IT BACK. I'll refund your money. I don't like having dissatisfied customers and since you'd be the first one I know of, I'd prefer you go away happy and somewhat wiser than disappointed.

Game ON.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sniderman

look if you want to feel mighty then ban me ( i'm sure thats what you meant)
    Sweet Christ on a Cracker, that statement is so asinine as to be laughable. We don't ban people just because they have a different opinion, for God's sake. I don't know what it's like at other boards you frequent, but we're very tolerant here at DP. Though we'll verbally slap you around if we disagree with you. So, if you state an unpopular opinion, expect to be kicked around for it. As you seem to be now.

And the whole "Go ahead and ban me then" type of reverse-threat is just stupid. I'd rather keep you around and make your life Hell rather than drum you off the board. And if I want to feel mighty, I'll just start marking up your messages in red pen and then send them back to you for revisions.

Dude that wasn't a reverse threat. How could it be a threat if it would only harm me. I realy thought thats what you were implying. If you want to feel mighty and mark up my posts for revisions please - please do - people would be able to read them easier.

Slaping me around doesn't bother me. What bothers me is taking peices of what i said and concetraiting on that instead of the whole thing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress
    I for one appreciate your opinion, Googlefest1. You're entitled to it - and if there weren't people who had negative feedback, the book might not improve as quickly in future editions.

On the other hand, being accused of false advertising of any sort (you state numerous times that it isn't what you expected) is a terrible error on your part. The book couldn't be better described and sampled. I've given you every system the book contains right on the order form and it's clearly listed on the cover of the book itself, which is viewable on the order form. Also there are sample pages where you can read actual pages from the book.

Like anything else in this world, you have to do your research as a consumer. Buying it because it's something you thought it would be isn't very smart, and anyone here who owns the book would have been more than happy to share their opinions and details you needed.

Anyway, the bottom line is this: SEND IT BACK. I'll refund your money. I don't like having dissatisfied customers and since you'd be the first one I know of, I'd prefer you go away happy and somewhat wiser than disappointed.

Game ON.

i was going to stop replying in this thread (explaining things over and over wasn't working) but i had to reply to you. I don't want to send the book back. I like the book as i have been trying to say. Even being disapointed with it, I like it. I'm extreamly happy to have found this place and this book since i have been looking for a while.

The reason I felt I had to reply to you is becasue you mentioned false advertizing. I never said there was false advertizing. I said with what a saw in this wonderful site (the samples) and adding what i imagined the book to be (from small illegible pics) I mislead my self. I tried to say that. Now being disapointed with not seeing what i had built up in expectation waiting for, I stated why i was disapointed hopeing that it was something positive. Why is it hard to understand that someone can be happy with something yet disapointed.

I didn't mean to imply false advertizing and I'm not dissatisfied. I promote this place and the book

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

btw joe, what are your plans for future releases, i think you mentioned making a seperate 16Bit+ guide? would that one also include the PAL SNES list??
    -Jan

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by hydr0x
    btw joe, what are your plans for future releases, i think you mentioned making a seperate 16Bit+ guide? would that one also include the PAL SNES list??
    It's a secret! But yes and yes. (email me)

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress
    Quote Originally Posted by hydr0x
    It's a secret! But yes and yes. (email me)
    Awwww, I wanted an encyclopedic proportioned edition 8. Sure, it will be cool to be able to pick up either the 8 bit or 16 bit price guides at a moments notice, but wouldnt it be cooler if you had to grunt trying to pick a single one up. Let's say a competitng retro price guide comes out, then you could look smugly at the person with it and say "well whose price guide is BIGGER!" Just some friendly criticism.

Oh, and GREAT avatar/signature. Ive got chills from all the blood.
    "You're just a poser wanna-be." - RaccoonLad describing yours truly.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im just impressed that Joe and his team actually took it on themselves to create THE GUIDE, and go through all that work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader
    Quote Originally Posted by Balloon Fight
    Perfect for reading on the crapper!

Someone else has my idea I guess!

Danny
    It's good to know the DP guide is going to all the important places.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

*ahem*
    Remind me never to borrow anyone else's Guide to look up a price.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by punkoffgirl
    *ahem*
    Remind me never to borrow anyone else's Guide to look up a price.
    Don't worry, I actually own 2 of them, 1 of them is quite sanitary.

Danny

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't see that anyone has mentioned this, so I will.

Googlefest1, if you want rarity lists for the 16 bit (and more recent) systems, then click on the "Rarity Lists" link at the top of this page. While the pre-16-bit info is in bare list form, the 16-bit and more recent lists contain full information in the same style as the DP guide, where the info is available. Maybe not 100% finished, but 100% free.
    (\ /)
    (O.o) ---XBL GT: RHINDLE
    (><)
    /_|_\ ---PH34R TEH BUNNY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i mentioned i knew about those (that was part of my confusion)- i think thats why no one mentioned it
    thanks anyways - a nice book is always beter - so im wating for that version to be released - so untill then yes i do have a place to look

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i mentioned i knew about those (that was part of my confusion)- i think thats why no one mentioned it
    thanks anyways - a nice book is always beter - so im wating for that version to be released - so untill then yes i do have a place to look
    You know that you can just print out the lists and place them right in your DP7 book. That's what I do and then as the SNES gets updated, you can just replace the old list with the new.

Works for me!

Danny