As far as the Coleco tabletops are concerned, I would be so freakin' happy if they replaced the VFD screen with a phone-sized LCD, put a small circuitboard that was just powerful enough to run a bunch of games in emulation, and use that Coleco case design to make tiny fully-functional portable arcade games. They wouldn't have to put an Arduino motherboard or anything inside it, your average $5 pay-as-you-go disposable cellphone circuitboard has more than enough power to run old arcade games. They could license out a bunch of different titles from various companies. For example, one unit could be all twin stick shooters like Robotron or Black Widow. They could always do dedicated machines too, like a Tron arcade unit (complete with little LED lights).

I like the idea of Coleco tabletops coming back, but I probably won't pick them all up because frankly the gameplay and audio were not great. The Pac-Man audio is earbleedingly terrible, for example, and it's kind of hard to tell what's happening onscreen. Technology has moved on, I'd like to see that reflected in new models giving us arcade accurate games rather than expensive novelties you'll only play for ten minutes.