Thread: What Game/s are You Playing? Daily / Whenever Check :) (GAMEPLAY)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I wanted a decent stopping point in Norn9 on Vita, so I got both endings in Itsuki's route (though I'm strangely missing more CGs than expected), and I'll leave it at that. Next time I play the game, I plan to start up Akito's route, but that'll probably be a while with all the new visual novels that'll keep me occupied.

I've played a little more of Nightshade on Steam, but I'm still super early in the game, so not much to say there. Another otome VN release caught me by surprise when I suddenly got an e-mail saying The Charming Empire was out on Steam. I snapped that up immediately too. I don't normally buy VNs that were originally developed for mobile platforms, as they tend to be a lot shallower than full-fledged PC and handheld/console VNs, but considering The Charming Empire is getting ported to Vita in Japan and has full voice acting, I figured it was a step above most. It's not bad so far, though it definitely shows its mobile roots, and it seems like a light affair. I hear it's pretty short, but that's no problem for me, since I'm already drowning in long VNs that I've yet to complete (or even start, in many cases). I breezed through the prologue and chose to start Tanba's route, if only because he's the first listed. The chapters/episodes of each route seem to fly by too. I'm on the 4th or 5th in Tanba's route, and I've barely played so far.

It's kinda funny how I can't escape similarities to Norn9 lately. First with Nightshade, having the same artist, then with The Charming Empire, having the same Taisho Roman setting.

Besides all those otome visual novels, I also played a little Super Castlevania IV via SNES emulation.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I've been playing a whole bunch of random stuff lately. The most exciting thing is that our CRT TV is fixed. So we've been trying it out with a lot of different stuff, adjusting the picture and what have you. On MAME, I played Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Tokimeki Memorial: Taisen Puzzle-Dama, and Mega Twins. Via SNES emulation, I played Miracle Girls, Super Loopz, and Cameltry. Almost beat Cameltry, so I'd like to get back to that and finish it off. On the Ball was one of the earliest SNES games I ever owned, so it's always fun to return to it.

We also busted out Mario Kart: Double Dash, which we played on our Wii, for some 3-player racing and battling. Good times.

On the visual novel front, I'm still playing The Charming Empire on Steam, and I've cleared Toki Tanba and Kei Yoshimine's routes. Right now, I'm on the second chapter of Koichiro Sera's route. I also got Period Cube on Vita as soon as it came out, and I'm on the second chapter of that too. Apparently I've ended up on Hiroya's route.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

We're still doing a lot of setting up over here with the fixed CRT. Both physically setting things up and setting up emulators and such. Oh, and after having it kick around since... I wanna say 2005, our broken spare PC Engine Duo-RX is finally fixed.

Via MAME, I played through Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time, which I had already posted about in the Beaten in 2017 topic. Also played some Super Mario World and Akumajou Dracula XX via SNES emulation. Man, am I rusty at Dracula XX. I used to be pretty damn good at that game. Though I wasn't really playing seriously.

I played a tiny bit of Puyo Pop on Neo Geo Pocket Color, thinking I'd maybe play through that for the Game Completion Challenge, but I'm not really feeling Puyo Puyo right now for whatever reason. So I think I'll just put it back on the shelf.

In The Charming Empire on Steam, I'm now up to chapter 7 or 8 in Koichiro Sera's route. I like how this route has some chapters that flow from one to another. Kei's route mostly felt like a series of disjointed vignettes.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Been playing some Tempest 2000 on Jaguar the last couple of nights. That game looks so good in S-video. About once a year I go through a love affair with that game for a few days. I love the heck out of it, but I'm pretty mediocre at it. I usually clear about 40 webs on a credit, but I start really getting killed on the yellow frame webs. I'm getting better at them, though.

The thing that always pulls me back is that a single credit often lasts upwards of an hour, which really can be exhausting to play more than one or two games when it starts getting intense. Still, like many other people, it's easily my favorite game on the console, and my personal favorite version of Tempest.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Donkey kong arcade. no emulation

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Earlier today, I played two credits of Tempest 2000 on Jaguar. Set a new personal high score at around 780,000, but each credit lasted a good hour, which is a little exhausting for such a chaotic game.

Tonight, I decided to take a break and played through Duck Tales Remastered on PS3. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's a very easy game, but fun to play all the same, and definity captures a Duck Tales feel. Much better than last week when I needed to be up late and played Wario Ware.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by celerystalker View Post
    Earlier today, I played two credits of Tempest 2000 on Jaguar. Set a new personal high score at around 780,000, but each credit lasted a good hour, which is a little exhausting for such a chaotic game.

Tonight, I decided to take a break and played through Duck Tales Remastered on PS3. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's a very easy game, but fun to play all the same, and definity captures a Duck Tales feel. Much better than last week when I needed to be up late and played Wario Ware.
    Duck Tales Remastered on PS3..I need to get that...