Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
I'm not really hyping the game, pretty much like any new game, but mostly because it has been 20 years and most of the developers haven't had anything to do with the original.
I totally understand, and in most cases I would agree, but as soon as I saw Kenji Terada's involvement I let a sigh of relief. Dark wizard and Brigandine share so many similarities, yet at the same time each are distinctly different. I really feel that if anyone understands the genre and what makes it great, it's Mr. Terada. Then again I'm not aware of anything of note that he has done since the 90's. There was that late PS1 RPG Dying Eyes, which I thought sounded really cool, but I heard it was terrible so I dont know... ! We have greatness with Dark Wizard and bottom of the barrel with Dying Eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
The composer made the Grand Edition soundtrack which honestly isn't that good.
That's somewhat disappointing to hear. I REALLY like the Brigandine soundtrack. I didn't realize Grand Edition had a different score. I thought Grand Edition was a refined version, like a directors cut of the original, I had no idea they gave it a whole new score. Hopefully he will do the new game justice.