Quote Originally Posted by Tron 2.0 View Post
Analogue just release there dac adapter which allows you to play there consoles on a crt.
https://www.analogue.co/dac
I wasn't aware of this, so that's pretty good. Though it doesn't actually have straight composite outputs and appears to need an additional adapter to accomplish that type of hookup. I know RGB is better quality, but plenty of visual effects were made to take advantage of limited composite output.

I would also prefer original consoles too, I'm only concerned about long term reliability as the disc drives and lasers can/will all fail eventually with replacement parts getting difficult to acquire. Plus the general failing capacitors with this console specifically. In the past I've pretty much insisted on original hardware with a die hard collector mentality so it's rare for me to consider any aftermarket console worthy of purchase. This just seems infinitely better quality than something like the Retron 5. Personally I have an original console so I wouldn't need this, assuming my console is still working as it's been years since I've actually hooked it up.

It's also great to have CRTs with HDMI inputs, but those are pretty rare to find if looking to purchase. Maybe I'll come across one locally someday.