1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    I've never really understood the mentality of buying games because they're infamously bad. Seems like a waste of money to me, plus you're setting yourself for disliking the game because you're expecting it to be bad. Don't get me wrong, I've bought tons of games that don't have good reputations, but that's because I want to genuinely give them a shot. I don't care how widely lambasted a game is, there's still a chance that I may like it (just as I might dislike a game that's extremely popular). Anyway, my most hated game in my collection is probably Bubsy 3D. I'm sure I own others that are even more broken on a basic, technical level, but I'd still rather play those and laugh at how pathetic they are than subject myself to Bubsy 3D.
    When you get a group of sarcastic people together you can have a pretty good time ripping the game to shreds. Alcohol helps. Also, if it has gratuitous nudity (ie-the yakyuken special) it's an extra plus.

Haven't you ever watched a total piece of shit movie and found it entertaining to watch the train wreck?

Eh, to each his own.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell View Post
    When you get a group of sarcastic people together you can have a pretty good time ripping the game to shreds. Alcohol helps. Also, if it has gratuitous nudity (ie-the yakyuken special) it's an extra plus.

Haven't you ever watched a total piece of shit movie and found it entertaining to watch the train wreck?

Eh, to each his own.
    Oh, I definitely have fun laughing at bad games with friends, and MST3K is great too. I just don't decide that a game is bad before I've even bought/played it. Like some of the games mentioned in the topic thus far I think are actually fun, and I think it would be sad had I bought them already convinced they were going to be awful and then my view of them would be a self-fulfilling prophecy of course. So I try to go into every game with an open mind and hope that it'll be something I'll enjoy, but if not, then hopefully it'll at least be good comedy fodder.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Default Crappiest game that you own?

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Oh, I definitely have fun laughing at bad games with friends, and MST3K is great too. I just don't decide that a game is bad before I've even bought/played it. Like some of the games mentioned in the topic thus far I think are actually fun, and I think it would be sad had I bought them already convinced they were going to be awful and then my view of them would be a self-fulfilling prophecy of course. So I try to go into every game with an open mind and hope that it'll be something I'll enjoy, but if not, then hopefully it'll at least be good comedy fodder.
    Right! And I think a lot of universally panned games (star voyager, cybernoid, deadly towers) are quite good if played properly.

Oh, and the game that gets the most play if anything in my house is the yakyuken special. Something about strip Rock Paper Scissors against 90s Japanese girls is a crowd pleaser. They all look so uncomfortable, like they have to do it to pay off their fathers gambling debt to prevent him from losing a finger.