I hope your recovery went well and welcome back to the realm of the video!

1) Naw...you be you. If stuff on the PS5 doesn't trip your trigger, there's nothing wrong with going back to something you DO like. However, the urge to game can be a fickle thing. I would suggest hanging on to that PS5 if the idea of selling it/trading it/etc. might pop into your head. It's a stunt I'd do but sometimes something about that particular system you gave up haunts you and then you buy into it again....only to not really play it except to scratch that particular gaming itch. I'm guilty of that. A search in these hallowed forums will show I've sold and bought the Genesis about 6-7 times over the course of 30 years. Turbografx-16 is probably close to 3 to 4. I'm on my second OLED PS Vita due to that.

It may not even be a thought but like candy on Halloween, I pass out the advice freely.

2) Doing a little research: no PS3 games (and probably PS2 games) cannot be passed down to an actual PS3 system. You are actually streaming the PS3 game and playing it on a server somewhere else. Same with PS2.

3) I guess it depends on if you like PS4 games and want them on disc. If you are going for PS3 gaming, why get the in between?

4) Yes, at least according to this wiki. I'd look on my PS3 to confirm but at the moment I'm dwelling in the basement and my nocturnal youngin's are ever so slightly trying to go to sleep (i.e. not really-I have a large brood of step kids with a wide range of ages and the elders really don't need to be forced to be but the 3 youngest ones, ages 11 to 7). They have a SEVERE case of FOMO and if I turn a game system on they smell it like sharks to blood and will flock to the living room. So hopefully you can find the game you want.

PS3's, at least in my area, are going for maybe about $80 or so for a slim....maybe? It's been a while since I was at my friendly neighborhood gaming store. PS3 games are pretty dang cheap so far. Controllers can be a crap shoot as the connectors that connect the top board to the bottom board are connected by pressure and is susceptible to corrosion. If you read stories about button presses just randomly happening-that's what's doing it. It looks like Retro Fighters has a PS3 compatible controller that turns on the system AND has Sixaxis called The Defender. I'm down to my last four working PS3 controllers so if they start croaking, I'll probably go to this. Especially since one of my Twins and her younger sibling both got back into "Little Big Planet" again and the young teen remembered I had "Sonic Team Racing Transformed" (and that they were good at it).

Hope that answered your questions!