Thread: transfer save files to ps2 using usb flash drive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default transfer save files to ps2 using usb flash drive?

I've got a softmodded ps2 which I only use for playing game I actually own off the HDD - its faster and hopefully the laser will last longer this way.

Question though - I just purchased the Sega Genesis Collection for ps2 - I want to play Arcade version of Altered Beast but don't want to go through all the unlocking to get it.

How can I transfer a save file for this game to my ps2? Can I use a usb flash drive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
    How can I transfer a save file for this game to my ps2? Can I use a usb flash drive?
    You can transfer them over using the uLaunchELF file manager interface. It's not the friendliest in the world, but it'll work. Without an action replay max / codebreaker, you'll have to use a third party tool to convert the save file's format prior to copying it, though (most likely to a properly named directory containing the files rather than a singular compressed save).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks!

I checked my CD-binder and I have a copy of Action Replay Max. I downloaded a save for Sega Genesis Collection to a usb drive, plopped it onto my memory card, and it doesn't work! I think the AR Max save file on gamefaqs is broken because when I try to load it there is a weird symbol before the name of the game.

So - is there anywhere else to download ps2 save files? ORRR does anyone have a save file for Sega Genesis Collection they could send me?

edit: I'm going to see if I can use ps2 save builder to change the codebreaker save into a .max one

edit 2: bahh, didn't work
    Last edited by c0ldb33r; 03-01-2008 at 08:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Be easier just to unlock it don't you think, it only takes about 20 minutes of effort if you use the built in cheats for Comix Zone, the other four requirements are extremely easy, though you do have to open and close every game as well as far as I recall.

All in all, its only about 45 minutes of effort.