Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PolygonGTC
    PSN
    PolygonGTC
    Steam
    BlastMode7

I had no idea of the existence of this event until just after last year's. Someone posted a link to an article on another video game board I post on. I really want to go. I have some other, potential, plans. If they fall through then I will be able to come.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Since I live hear in vegas, I would like to help out in any way I can, either it be doing a food run or something to helping get advertising of the show word of mouth

Insert Coin (Level 0) Plastik Gold's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    K Dub 480

any updates, yet?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plastik Gold View Post
    any updates, yet?
    I diito that remark

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, it would be nice to know some dates soon, as I live in Australia and need to book plane tickets soon.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    K Dub 480

i really hope it happens this year. doesn't seem like it's a sure thing.

Insert Coin (Level 0) RetroGaming Roundup's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We can't wait to reserve our booth!
    Check out our show at www.RetroGamingRoundup.com

We LOVE CGE

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone,

I do apologize for the shortage in updates, I'm still waiting to hear new word myself. Last I heard Joe was heading down to Vegas soon to scout some locations for this years CGE. But as with last year, we made everything come together in a short amount of time =D Thanks for the support and please keep posting away.

P.S. RetroGaming Roundup, we would love to have ya at the show
    I love ALL Video Games with all my heart and soul

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dude were there as always!

We LOVE CGE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As always, if there is anything I can do to help, let me know - since I am a local and all.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Real quick guys....

We should certainly get something posted on the CGE website asap, but there will not be a CGE in 2011. The main reason is the location. Things with the Tropicana did not end well and they (quite blatantly actually) outright tried to overcharge us by several thousand dollars. Credit cards were charged without consent, disputes were filed, and it was just a mess in general...one that STILL isn't completely cleaned up. CGE doesn't make money - it never has and probably never will. So we have to be extremely careful with what we spend and we simply don't have the money to allow ourselves to get ripped-off.

We have a couple ideas as to try for the next show, but it's going to take some time to decide where to try and and whether or not we have the energy to make a go of it again. It's pretty frustrating for us when all we're really trying to do is find a permanent home that's going to charge us a fair, honest price yet every hotel finds it necessary to try and stick it to us somehow or another.

Sean Kelly
    (on behalf of John & Joe)

Wow...I have no sig. WTF?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Man that's so LAME!!! But I totally understand but dammit. Have you guys tried the new convention center here in Vegas? Maybe they will treat things a bit more professionally, and they have tons of rooms there and are very close to the strip.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I personally think that before you guys say no dice this year, you should reach out to us in the DP community.

There are lots of us out here. I mean, if you are making no money from this, why not get a hand from the community for a good location. I just moved to Vegas, so I don't know of many places for an Expo, but with a community nation-wide, and even around the world, you guys should not have to sit there and try to pull the entire burden onto yourselves.

Maybe if somebody out in the DP community can help make some calls (I am sure somebody out there has a connection to this somewhere in the US), they could privately talk with you guys about a location.

Like you guys said, you make no money, so what will it hurt to reach out to the community for a hand. You guys don't have to feel like it is a heavy burden when you have a huge community of people more than willing to make some calls for places they know, maybe some people willing to help you out with whatever.

If you were in it for a profit then sure, pull it on your shoulders, but there is no need to do that when it is just an awesome gathering for us gamers.

I personally suggest reaching out to us. I know people in San Diego, San Francisco, Florida, I mean, all over the nation, and that is just me.

Turn CGE into an awesome grassroots campaign to get a cge 2011 rocking. And if you think I am joking, I can easily start calling people tomorrow I know. Why not? Why put the entire burden on you guys. Now, I am not saying I would take it over, hahaha, no way in hell I could do that. You guys have done it enough to know more about it than most of us, but seriously, why not have us help you guys?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAges View Post
    I personally think that before you guys say no dice this year, you should reach out to us in the DP community.

There are lots of us out here. I mean, if you are making no money from this, why not get a hand from the community for a good location. I just moved to Vegas, so I don't know of many places for an Expo, but with a community nation-wide, and even around the world, you guys should not have to sit there and try to pull the entire burden onto yourselves.

Maybe if somebody out in the DP community can help make some calls (I am sure somebody out there has a connection to this somewhere in the US), they could privately talk with you guys about a location.

Like you guys said, you make no money, so what will it hurt to reach out to the community for a hand. You guys don't have to feel like it is a heavy burden when you have a huge community of people more than willing to make some calls for places they know, maybe some people willing to help you out with whatever.

If you were in it for a profit then sure, pull it on your shoulders, but there is no need to do that when it is just an awesome gathering for us gamers.

I personally suggest reaching out to us. I know people in San Diego, San Francisco, Florida, I mean, all over the nation, and that is just me.

Turn CGE into an awesome grassroots campaign to get a cge 2011 rocking. And if you think I am joking, I can easily start calling people tomorrow I know. Why not? Why put the entire burden on you guys. Now, I am not saying I would take it over, hahaha, no way in hell I could do that. You guys have done it enough to know more about it than most of us, but seriously, why not have us help you guys?
    I think it will happen this year (I talked to joe on fb and said it will happen just takes time to nail down the exact date)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, coming from Sean on behalf of John and Joe I would say we can kiss it goodby this year. That is too bad, we appreciate the great years we have had at CGE and hope that it will live on in the future.

We LOVE CGE

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAges View Post

I strongly agree with this. In fact, I have posted a similar suggestion several times in the past decade, but for whatever reason, the DP guys just don't seem able or willing to harness the skills and connections of the membership here to make this show an even bigger success. Heck, I'd be willing to bet if they did one of those sponsorship website things where people donate but don't get charged unless the goal is met, many people here would pledge $25, $50, $100 or even more to make it happen. In years past, there have been corporate sponsors for CGE, really well moderated panels with journalists and great guests, more vendors, fun sub-events, etc...Unfortunately, it seems like none of that stuff ever comes together at the same time and last year in particular, it seemed like a lot of things didn't quite come together the way they have in the past. Yes, the economy played a role, but there also just seemed to be a lack of energy or time. I get that it takes more time up front to harness volunteers, but with technology and the instant communication technologies out there, it really seems like it would be very easy to just get some members here to take on specific duties (arranging sponsors, seeking vendors, negotiating with the hotel, locating and inviting alumni, etc...). In any event, I will be very disappointed if this doesn't happen this year and I personally will do whatever I can to help.

Too Old for this Crap Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    QOF
    3DS Friend
    3308-4993-4867

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Heck, I'd be willing to bet if they did one of those sponsorship website things where people donate but don't get charged unless the goal is met, many people here would pledge $25, $50, $100 or even more to make it happen.
    Kickstarter.com. That's a brilliant idea!
    "I am way too lesbian for that shit."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    K Dub 480

Would it help to take it to a smaller, less nice hotel? I know it was at the Plaza in past years (which is currently closed for renovations) but isn't there a site on fremont street or off the strip that would be cheaper?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Of The Felines View Post
    Kickstarter.com. That's a brilliant idea!
    A great idea, we would certainly kick in. If booth reservations were done that way we would go for that too. As was said in another post there is allot of unharnessed support for this event and money could be found in advance. Realistically though we don't see that coming to fruition, there is still the problem of a location and that looks dead for this year. However if CGE starts such an effort we will support it.

That said, there is no way we are going to miss Vegas this year, so were going to plan our own party out there this year, and we won't be staying at the Tropicana.

We LOVE CGE

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

joe told me in some time in august when I talked to him on fb.

Edit: I saw sean's post and that sucks that CGE won't happen this year(I talked to joe on fb chat about a week ago and he said august)
    if CGE returns next year keep it in vegas.)
    Last edited by Dan Iacovelli; 02-22-2011 at 01:55 PM.