Quote Originally Posted by Snapple View Post
There's a lot of fanboyism in this thread. I don't know how it got to SNES vs. MD then back to Wii is bad vs. Wii is awesome.

PS3 getting to 24 million is nice, but what's really nice for Sony is that the PS2 is that they're working on 150 million PS2s, and the console shows no signs of even getting outsold by the PS3 in a month anytime soon.

Before this console generation, Sony chased me off the bandwagon with their terrible price points and not seeming to care about innovation, while Nintendo gave us something cheap and innovative, and all about "It's about games, not graphics." So I got a Wii first. Wii isn't *all* shovelware, just mostly. Mario Galaxy is a superb game. Zack and Wiki is a great game. Most of the other games are eh... Granted I haven't yet played Mad World or a couple other high-profile Wii titles.

I did get a PS3 after they knocked $200 off the price, and for me it is a better system with better games. I still think Sony is way too prude with its prices and business model. The PSP Go for how much? When you can buy an original PSP for $100 less? Inexcusable. But "caring about the fans" aside, PS3 is a beautiful system. Uncharted and Valkyria Chronicles are probably my two favorite new franchises of the past five years.
I just wish the Nintendo of the mid eighties to the mid nineties existed today. That was the Nintendo that I and many others grew up with. No matter what your gaming tastes were, the NES and SNES had you covered. I know people are going to say that they had a strangle hold on licensing rights back then, and that's one reason why they had so many great games at the time, but they need to start getting back some of those core gamers that they've lost to Sony and MS. Starting with the N64, Nintendo has lost a lot of those fans to Sony, and has made no attempt to get them back. I will always have a soft spot for the Nintendo of old, but what they've turned into the last 10-15 years I just can't get into.