Quote Originally Posted by PROTOTYPE View Post
OK, I been on e-bay for over 12 years and won a lot of auctions some very good, some not so good.This is the problem with e-bay now, like in my auction I bid has high I wanted to get it for... but its not as high if push comes to shove. People don't really want to put the max on right away because we trying to get a deal. A sniper or a store, reseller is going to bluff you out of the auction by bidding higher then you because they have better means to re-selled or take a lost.Same goes for people that have a lot money to burn. Really, is it fair if the game is worth 40.00 you put a max bid of 50.00 and it sells for 51.00 they are in it to make money,I'm just trying to collect games.All this does is makes games go up in price ect.. That's why its getting harder to get great deals anymore, Really only with the harder to find games.I really believe that game will be on-line for 100.00 or more in two weeks from now and somebody will buy it.
What you're experiencing is capitalism. The free market commands a price and if you want the item, you have to pay the highest price. It's certainly fair that you lost out on that auction: you were unwilling to pay more than $50 for a lot the free market valued at $51.

You want a great deal for your collection. A reseller wants a great deal for their wallet. It's the same concept. If you feel that game would command $100 on the market, you should have placed a higher bid. Better yet, if you really wanted to be fair, you should have messaged the seller about their rare item. You're concerned with a "good" deal but what about the uninformed seller? Don't they deserve a "good" deal too by receiving closer to appraisal value for their rare item? Exactly.