Quote Originally Posted by substantial_snake View Post
Oh don't worry, PC gaming already has you covered. Most titles that even get a boxed release now require you to sign up to a service or something to actually play your game.
I found this out when I tried to trade a box full of somewhat recent PC games into EB Games, I wasn't expecting much trade in value just around a few dollars each(if that) as some are still $20 new. I was told that because a large number of PC games now come with one time use codes they don't accept PC games at all for trade in even if they don't need registration codes to work. Now I won't bother buying current PC games, I'll stick with games from at least 10 years ago or more. It's not like I won't have enough games to play with just sticking to older games.

The real problem is that companies can't budget their games properly anymore, they cost as much as a big budget feature film but they don't have the same long term appeal as films do so they won't make as much money from them. Just make them like good low budget films, focus on the fun and worry less about the realism or special effects. The good low budget films just focus on having a good time, like Evil Dead or the original Halloween. Just focus on fun stuff and they'll sell fine.