Quote Originally Posted by TKO View Post
You know , there is a way to mod the Retro Duo's power switch so that it is compatible with SA-1 games right?

I wonder if the same mod can be done to RDP....
Do you mean the trick of flipping to the NES side, waiting about 5 seconds and then flipping to the SNES side or some sort of hardware mod? If you mean a hardware mod, please link it. This is something I'd like to take a look at.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
Are there any more answers forthcoming before this thing launches? Seems like once the video was posted that was the end of the Q&A session.
As much as it sucks, I kinda doubt it. The only person in this thread who can answer the questions raised about the RetroDuo Portable such as compatibility concerns etc is oldskoolfool, and I have a strong suspension he won't be saying a word on the subject, because saying anything can only harm sales of the unit. He's basically the sales rep for dasgames, an online retailer. It isn't in his own best interest to say anything beyond the bare minimum. It's understandable, but it's still horrible for the consumer.

We won't know the system in depth until I or someone else here gets one and throws it through the gauntlet. That being said, assuming the RDP has capabilities similar to the exiting RetroDuo, that means:

-It will support Castlevania III, Uncharted Waters, Gem Fighter and other MMC5 NES games
-It will NOT work with Tengen's Rolling Thunder or the licensed Paperboy.
-It will NOT output Famicom expansion audio
-It will NOT play SA-1 games versions 1.1 or higher

Of course, this doesn't speak to several important other questions like

-If it IS different from the PokeFamiDX, how is it different?

then general questions:

-The quality of the LCD
-The quality of composite video output
-The audio of the audio output, both on the NES and SNES boards
-Will this be a NOAC that supports Retrozone's NES Powerpak?
-What kind of video is being sent to the LCD for SNES games? Is it composite like the FC-16 Go or is it S-video like the Supaboy? or is it actual true RGB?
-Build quality concerns
-Are the new production controllers awesome or terrible?
-standalone adapters
-other concerns

Quote Originally Posted by MarioMania View Post
Will anyone do a review of the Genesis Adapter for the RDP??
Of course, but its far too early for any such review. I'd expect to see reviews cropping up in a month or two. I predict that there will be some minor audio differences (to people other than Ace) and the composite video output may be shit based on what we've seen in existing clones and even real Genesis hardware. I wouldn't expect Virtua racing to work or the thing to have much in the way of Master System Base Converter support either. Alos, who knows how they've mapped the Genesis controls to the SNES controller. It might be great, might be shit. Only time will tell