Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    Well I don't have boobs.....not even man-boobs, but thats probably a good thing. But had the clerk refused to.....um, give in to your womanly charm, you could have bought the game, took it home, switched everything out, and took it back and got your money back. But I see you like taking shortcuts. However, you do bring up an interesting question. I wonder if guys can leverage our penis the same way you women leverage your boobs. I suppose most of the guys on this site would have to stuff their pants before their leveraging could be taken seriously and even then it would look more like a freak accident then anyting else
    It wasn't intentional. XD

It's not like I flashed him and ran off with the goods while he was stupefied.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maybe it's because I'm buying a lot of PS2 RPGs lately, but I've seen some examples of the opposite. My copy of Tales of Legendia from Gamestop came in a Wii box. I was dumb enough to think that maybe it was special packaging, but, nope, no memory card holder. I also got a game from them that was in one of their crappy preorder boxes, they hadn't even bothered to take all the Guitar Hero World Tour inserts out, they just stuffed the insert for the game they were selling over two Guitar Hero ones.

Also, unless Arc the Lad: End of Darkness is more unique than I thought and really does feature a special musical number by Queen Latifah as the sticker on mine suggests, the copy of it I bought from Blockbuster came in a regular DVD case. Specifically one that used to hold Chicago, because the sticker also mentions Renee Zellweger. Again, these could be hidden features of the game that aren't highly publicized.

I also see no problem with mixing and matching to get a complete case. Gamestop obviously believes most of their customers don't care about that stuff or they wouldn't sell loose games for the same as they do complete ones.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I always swap out discs, instruction books and outer cases to build a better copy for myself to buy. It's not like the stores actually mind or care. The local stores know that I'm there to buy and am not just dicking around with their merchandise for the sake of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    Well I don't have boobs.....not even man-boobs, but thats probably a good thing. But had the clerk refused to.....um, give in to your womanly charm, you could have bought the game, took it home, switched everything out, and took it back and got your money back. But I see you like taking shortcuts. However, you do bring up an interesting question. I wonder if guys can leverage our penis the same way you women leverage your boobs. I suppose most of the guys on this site would have to stuff their pants before their leveraging could be taken seriously and even then it would look more like a freak accident then anything else
    So, uh, yeah, does that mean you are trying it first?

Get your girl some free from victoria secret or something by doing that.

I still need to do the "I am shopping for my wife. She is your size, can you try this stuff on" bit. It might work, it might not, but I will never know unless I try

Hahaha, dude, I got a mental picture (without the weiner) of that. Where a dude has a case, walks to the front desk and says, "hey, let me get this as a replacement." The clerk is all, "Uh, no". So then 1 2 P whips it out and says, "now can I get the replacement" hahahahaha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

I notice this at Blockbuster around here. They usually have no problem giving me an official case if I ask for one. Rogers Video... same thing although it happens way less. EB is pretty good, but I don't buy TOO much used stuff there.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAges View Post
    Hahaha, dude, I got a mental picture (without the weiner) of that. Where a dude has a case, walks to the front desk and says, "hey, let me get this as a replacement." The clerk is all, "Uh, no". So then 1 2 P whips it out and says, "now can I get the replacement" hahahahaha
    When they run away screaming he can loot the place. May just work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAges View Post
    So, uh, yeah, does that mean you are trying it first?
    Um....you can be the guinae pig

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAges
    Unless that clerk is female that ain't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    When they run away screaming he can loot the place. May just work.
    It's big Daria but it's not that big. However, it is one of the few stereotypes I proudly live up to
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I highly doubt anywhere practices this. Why buy new cases and print new inserts just to throw away old cases and inserts? Doesn't make any sense. Nor does your assertion that they do this to make games more attractive to buyers, I haven't heard of distaste for the Xbox green cases, white Wii cases, etc. So I highly doubt anywhere feels compelled to try to change those out.

What you're seeing are disc only trade ins. Blame the gamers that trade in their titles for pennies on the dollar and care so little about their games that they don't even keep track of the cases or throw them out and put the games into binders.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post
    I highly doubt anywhere practices this. Why buy new cases and print new inserts just to throw away old cases and inserts? Doesn't make any sense. Nor does your assertion that they do this to make games more attractive to buyers, I haven't heard of distaste for the Xbox green cases, white Wii cases, etc. So I highly doubt anywhere feels compelled to try to change those out.

What you're seeing are disc only trade ins. Blame the gamers that trade in their titles for pennies on the dollar and care so little about their games that they don't even keep track of the cases or throw them out and put the games into binders.
    They aren't printing new inserts, they are just swapping out the cases. Since it's cheap to purchase a bunch of standard black cases and all modern game discs fit they just go with it and tend to toss the ratty cases, but it's becoming frequent. I don't know what their ratings are for "bad" but it's around 15% of their modern trade-ins.

As for storage, the game cases with art and manual sit behind glass cases at most stores. The discs are stored in cases within what appears to be aluminum, industrial cabinets. These aren't franchise stores and they run independent for the most part, though the store owners around here know each other due to the local gaming, niche market.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]