PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Sega CD Battery

Bratwurst
04-03-2003, 02:15 PM
Any idea of a decent supplier for Sanyo Lithium ML2016 button cells? Or some other battery model that could serve as a replacement? I'm lookin on ebay but I see nothin'!

Ho ho, yes indeed, my Sega CD will not save. I accrue this to age more than anything though.

omnedon
04-03-2003, 09:17 PM
Mine too. I haven't bothered to give it a go, or find a batt yet. Let's see,http://www.radioshack.ca/estore/category.aspx?language=en-CA&pagenum=1&category=Specialty+Batteries&catalog=RadioShack seems like a similar numbered battery. I'd have to eyeball it first, but I bet it's a good bet.

Bratwurst
04-03-2003, 09:34 PM
KEEP ME POSTED ON YOUR FINDINGS, SIR

While I sit back and watch you blow your Sega CD up. :D

Diameter would have to be the same, I wonder if voltage or anything differs. Definitely needs to be a rechargable lithium though, that much I know.

NoahsMyBro
04-03-2003, 11:17 PM
This afternoon I tried to post a well-written, comprehensive and thought-out reply to this, but the website stopped responding and my reply never made it to the board.

So, in a nutshell, the Saturn FAQ indicates the battery is a CR-2032. This is the same battery as that found in the Dreamcast VMUs. It's available at Radio Shack for $2.99, and several (tons, really) are available via Ebay.

Bratwurst
04-03-2003, 11:29 PM
Would that work in a Sega CD though?

CrazyImpmon
04-04-2003, 07:42 AM
Could be. 2032 is twice as thick as 2016 but they have the same voltage. I don't remember how Sega CD holds the battery but if it's battery holder, you may need a plier to adjust the tab to make the thicker battery fit. If it's solder in then you could pretty much solder in anything that's 3v.

autobotracing
04-04-2003, 10:10 AM
I have a few busted cd units I could pull the batteries from If you want them FREE Not sure if they are good or not hence the units are dead

NoahsMyBro
04-04-2003, 11:24 AM
D'oh!! Sorry, I misread the original post and was thinking 'Saturn' while reading 'Sega CD'.

Duncan
05-11-2004, 07:53 PM
D'oh!! Sorry, I misread the original post and was thinking 'Saturn' while reading 'Sega CD'.

Which is cool though, 'cuz you just answered my question! :D