PDA

View Full Version : Saw 25 Wii's at one store not selling this weekend

jeffg
09-27-2007, 08:44 PM
I was back up north visiting and seen a single wii at Walmart and thought should I get it and decided not to. First one I had seen on the shelf in a few months.

WEll i go next door to Meijer's (Big Chain like Target/Kmart/Walmart)

I walk into the electronics to look for any cheap games and they had 25 Wii's sitting there and the lady said they had been there for a few days and not sold.

If I wasn't flying home and all, i probably would have bought one.

I hear about everyone having hard time finding them but small town USA in Indiana has them all over

neogamer
09-27-2007, 09:27 PM
I was back up north visiting and seen a single wii at Walmart and thought should I get it and decided not to. First one I had seen on the shelf in a few months.

WEll i go next door to Meijer's (Big Chain like Target/Kmart/Walmart)

I walk into the electronics to look for any cheap games and they had 25 Wii's sitting there and the lady said they had been there for a few days and not sold.

If I wasn't flying home and all, i probably would have bought one.

I hear about everyone having hard time finding them but small town USA in Indiana has them all over

Yes, this is quite common now. Supply has over taken demand.

jeffg
09-27-2007, 09:28 PM
definately not here in the DFW metroplex though. I haven't seen any at gamestop in months or best buy either.

I wished I had room to put it in my suitcase for the flight home

scooterb23
09-27-2007, 10:22 PM
Yes, this is quite common now. Supply has over taken demand.

Not around here at all, I still haven't seena Wii on shelves in the Columbus area.

What is interesting is that I found my Wii sitting on a store shelf in Indiana.

So clearly, you want a Wii, go to Indiana.

zektor
09-27-2007, 10:27 PM
I see em all over the place in NJ as well. Supply has definitely overcome demand for now...until the holidays that is.

exit
09-27-2007, 10:37 PM
We still have problems keeping them in stock down here, they also come in quite randomly, which doesn't help at all.

FlufflePuff
09-27-2007, 10:57 PM
Still no stock in Minnesota. See them sporadically, but never more than one and never with any consistency.

smokehouse
09-27-2007, 11:12 PM
Random spurts here in central Illinois…some stores have them from time to time.

GrandAmChandler
09-27-2007, 11:41 PM
None in the Philly region either.

"If you ship it, they will come."

Lothars
09-27-2007, 11:45 PM
I've been see tons of Wii's for the last 4 months at least where no matter the store I go into there are tons of them

noname11
09-28-2007, 12:49 AM
there are 1.1 million Wiis buried in the Indiana dessert. Dont bother looking for them, as a steam roller crushed them all before the dirt was piled on.

zemmix
09-28-2007, 01:31 AM
I haven't seen any in electronics stores here in Socal but a local Samsclub always has the cards to take up and purchase them at the front out. Whether they actually have them though is another question.

tonyvortex
09-28-2007, 01:44 AM
i live in indiana and ive never seen one in a store.

Icarus Moonsight
09-28-2007, 03:24 AM
Not seeing many still in SE TX - Houston area. Doesn't mean the stores don't have any though. Seems to be the local retail MO of hide 'em in the back and sell them to those that ask for one. I found mine in Feb so I honestly haven't been looking hard, but I do try and notice the situation as I'm going about other business.

JSoup
09-28-2007, 03:34 AM
I'm seeing more and more just....sitting there in central California. Five at a Best Buy in Stockton a few days ago, and a few here and there spread around at various stores. Seems none of them are selling.

neogamer
09-28-2007, 06:40 AM
None in the Philly region either.

"If you ship it, they will come."

No offense, but your Game Crazy store on Ridge Ave. just had a shipment and they may still have some left!

The KOP Game Stop(where I usually shop) just sold their last one the other day (but had them for four straight days) and will be getting more soon!

You have to know where to look!

I have a good friend actively in the game business in youir area and he tells me what is in stock and where. If you are looking for a system, let me know and one of us will get you one!

In my direct area (i.e. Blandon, Reading area, there are a lot as well).

skylark
09-28-2007, 08:26 AM
Still never seen one. Ever.

GrandAmChandler
09-28-2007, 08:28 AM
No offense, but your Game Crazy store on Ridge Ave. just had a shipment and they may still have some left!

The KOP Game Stop(where I usually shop) just sold their last one the other day (but had them for four straight days) and will be getting more soon!

You have to know where to look!

I have a good friend actively in the game business in youir area and he tells me what is in stock and where. If you are looking for a system, let me know and one of us will get you one!

In my direct area (i.e. Blandon, Reading area, there are a lot as well).

The point is, you can't just walk into a store at any time and grab a Wii. They are still too high in demand, and if you think it's getting any better, it's only going to get worse in the coming months with Christmas coming VERY soon.

"If you see a Wii, buy it."

JSoup
09-28-2007, 08:36 AM
The point is, you can't just walk into a store at any time and grab a Wii. They are still too high in demand, and if you think it's getting any better, it's only going to get worse in the coming months with Christmas coming VERY soon.

"If you see a Wii, buy it."

I just got back from Walmart here in Stockton, California. They have a pile of them. Some areas seem to have a large stockpile. You're just in a dry county.

otaku
09-28-2007, 10:39 AM
hard to keep in stock here I only have one and am being forced by corporate to hoard them until after thanksgiving-thats when things get ugly!

cyberfluxor
09-28-2007, 11:48 AM
One of my friends finally decided to buy one two weeks ago, only place he found it was at a local game store and I believe it was $150 + $40 for the system and two sets of nunchuck controllers with everything in like-new condition with boxes and all pack-ins. He picked up the Wii Play and I think another game or two. If I had $200 lying around I would have done the same.

hbkprm
09-28-2007, 12:10 PM
i might get it before xmas

neogamer
09-28-2007, 01:22 PM
I think it has more to do with demographics than anything else (especially after reading all the different comments posted here). Some parts of the country don't seem to be getting them yet as much as they would like. Judging by all the comments, I don't even think some board members here have their systems yet assuming they are planning to buy one.

Christmas is a different story. Demand always goes up that time a year. I still think the situation has gotten a lot better though. Nintendo is producing them as fast as they can.

I don't know if this system will be as "hot" this year as it was last Christmas, but there is that possibility. Things seem to be heading in that direction according to the reports I have been reading...

Steve W
09-28-2007, 06:30 PM
It seems that if they are coming into the Dallas/Fort Worth area, they're getting snapped up immediately. I haven't seen a Wii in stock at any store since launch day. Too many people want them around here.

neogamer
09-28-2007, 08:07 PM
It seems that if they are coming into the Dallas/Fort Worth area, they're getting snapped up immediately. I haven't seen a Wii in stock at any store since launch day. Too many people want them around here.

I don't think anyone in my area wants them any more-LOL! Target, Wal*Mart, Game Crazy and Game Stop has them all in stock as of right now (note the time and date of post).

I will say this: Game Crazy has the most...interesting...

8-bitNesMan
09-28-2007, 08:24 PM
I worked retail for 10 years and I never understood the concept of hoarding stock. If you have it and people want to buy it, SELL IT! The unnecessary complexity that we bring upon ourselves really baffles the shit out of me. :roll:

GrandAmChandler
10-01-2007, 08:35 AM
No Wiis for Christmas says Reggie:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/pull-your-finger-out/nintendo-still-cantwont-make-enough-wiis-for-christmas-305471.php

-GAC-

Mangar
10-01-2007, 09:03 AM
I know in New Jersey, Wii's are still hard to come by. I received a phonecall yesterday from my sister who tried several different stores looking for one. She made a call to me hoping i could help since i'm the resident family video game nerd.

One Gamestop manager i spoke to locally, mentioned that it's not so much that theres this super demand or waiting list. But that as soon as they appear in the shoppe, they will generally sell pretty steadily until they are gone. Which usually takes a day.

geneshifter
10-01-2007, 11:04 AM

I'm in southwest Arlington and the stores here have them. The last 3 times I've been in Supertarget there have been at least 3 Wiis sitting on the shelf. Last night, there were 7. Also, GS near me seems to have them more regularly so i guess the supply increase and the market saturation are starting to catch up at least here in my neck of the woods.