PDA

View Full Version : Lucas confirmed for Smash Bros. Brawl

Kroogah
10-01-2007, 03:14 AM
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/lucas/lucas.jpg

The youth with the psychic powers has appeared—it’s Lucas! He makes his anticipated debut from the Japan-only release MOTHER 3.

While he is timid in nature, he fights splendidly. Is it possible he can surpass even Ness?!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/lucas.html

This may mean that Ness is out. Ness was supposed to be replaced with Lucas in Smash Bros. Melee, but since Mother 3 was about 5 years away, they kept Ness in.

Cryomancer
10-01-2007, 04:28 AM
Just reskin / give him a different head.

Apollo
10-01-2007, 07:18 AM
Hopefully this means Mother 3 may still have a chance in America...

GrandAmChandler
10-01-2007, 08:13 AM
Crap. You had me all excited, I thought I got to fight this Lucas:

http://www.nes.com.br/nes_antigo/mkt/image016.jpg

udisi
10-01-2007, 10:14 AM
I bet he's just a stronger slower ness. Kinda like Gannon was the strong/slow version of Falcon. or like Pikachu/Pichu....etc, etc

exit
10-01-2007, 10:41 AM
This better mean that they're going to release Mother 3 here, either as a GBA game, or some kind of NDS arrangement.

Snapple
10-01-2007, 10:45 AM
I don't like characters being replaced. They need to just keep adding. I mean, if they can have Mario and Dr. Mario, Link and Young Link, Pikachu and Pichu, why can't they have both Ness and Lucas?

Kroogah
10-01-2007, 11:14 AM
I don't like characters being replaced. They need to just keep adding. I mean, if they can have Mario and Dr. Mario, Link and Young Link, Pikachu and Pichu, why can't they have both Ness and Lucas?

For what it's worth, I doubt Dr. Mario, Young Link and Pichu will be in Brawl. :D

Super Mario Fan
10-01-2007, 12:22 PM
For what it's worth, I doubt Dr. Mario, Young Link and Pichu will be in Brawl. :D

Thank God, I say. i don't need rehashes of characters that bring nothing exciting to the table.

BTW, I still can't believe the Ice Climbers made it in to the game. They were a joke and a half! (Actually two jokes and a half.)

FantasiaWHT
10-01-2007, 12:51 PM
I'm all for limiting the characters. Let's not have Super Smash Bros. Suikoden, here :P I found Pichu, Young Link, etc. to be needless in SSBM

PingvinBlueJeans
10-01-2007, 03:38 PM

I was thinking the same thing.

rbudrick
10-01-2007, 04:05 PM

Same here, dude.

That woulda been so Baaad.

-Rob

Garry Silljo
10-01-2007, 05:26 PM

It would be bad to have a huge roster of characters that were way too much the same. I wouldn't mind if they kept these characters as alternate costumes, but to have 2 Marios, 2 Links, 2 Pikachu's, is just too much of the same.

Wolfrider31
10-01-2007, 05:33 PM
Thank God, I say. i don't need rehashes of characters that bring nothing exciting to the table.

BTW, I still can't believe the Ice Climbers made it in to the game. They were a joke and a half! (Actually two jokes and a half.)

If they were each a joke and a half wouldn't that make them three jokes?

scooterb23
10-01-2007, 05:46 PM
I was hoping you were talking about George Lucas...

Frica89
10-01-2007, 06:28 PM
I'm pretty sure we'll see a US Mother 3 release. Look at Marth and Roy in Melee.....they created demand for the FE series in the States, and we eventually started to get some of the games.

Anyway, I hope Ness is still at least an alternate costume. He was one of the original guys from the first game, it wouldn't feel right if they got rid of him.

Barbarianoutkast85
10-01-2007, 10:19 PM
I cant F'n wait for this game. It'll be the first Smash Brothers game I'll buy when it's new. Smash Brothers, and Smash Brothers Melee I got at LEAST two years after it's release.

Kroogah
10-02-2007, 08:01 AM

Ice Climbers stayed in because they're the Famicom representative. The team went through a bunch of possibilities for a Famicom character for Melee but the rest were shot down.

Balloon Fighter - He kinda floats constantly. That'd make him broken for a game like Smash.
Mach Rider - Would just be a Captain Falcon clone.
Bubbles from Clu Clu Land - How the Hell would that work?
Ice Climbers - We have a winner!

Frica89
10-02-2007, 03:40 PM
Why are the ICs in?

Answer: Ice Climber was Sakurai's favorite game growing up. If you were making the game, you would probably want your favorite to be represented as well.

Jorpho
10-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Maybe they need an attack where they start clubbing seals, and then an American lawyer runs into the stage and explodes from rage.

Lord_Magus
10-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Ice Climbers stayed in because they're the Famicom representative. The team went through a bunch of possibilities for a Famicom character for Melee but the rest were shot down.

Balloon Fighter - He kinda floats constantly. That'd make him broken for a game like Smash.
Mach Rider - Would just be a Captain Falcon clone.
Bubbles from Clu Clu Land - How the Hell would that work?
Ice Climbers - We have a winner!

What about Pit? He's probably one of the best representative characters from the NES/Famicom era...

On that note, you know which characters I would LOVE to see in this game?

Kuros from Wizards and Warriors, and
The main character from Faxanadu.

They could also throw in a couple of extra levels, such as the forest from W&W or the Foggy area of Faxanadu. Furthermore, it would be nice if they included the absolutely awesome music from those games as well.

Aaaah... Man, if that ever happened my life as a gamer would be forever complete...

Garry Silljo
10-02-2007, 05:09 PM
Ice Climbers stayed in because they're the Famicom representative.

What system was Kid Icarus on again?

Edit: Damn, should have read ahead.. someone beat me to it.

Guru of Time and Space
10-02-2007, 10:45 PM
Mike Jones never gets any love.

No, seriously, whenever there's a topic about who you would like to see in the next Smash Bros game, I'm the only one that ever lists Mike Jones.

-GoTaS

Kroogah
10-03-2007, 01:54 AM
Mike Jones never gets any love.

No, seriously, whenever there's a topic about who you would like to see in the next Smash Bros game, I'm the only one that ever lists Mike Jones.

-GoTaS

Haha, I keep forgetting Mike Jones. But as the main character of a game designed for us stupid Westerners and released only in NA and EU, his chances are unfortunately very slim.

But Hell, look at Lucas' hair. If we change it to brown and give him a solid blue shirt that's damn near a match right there.