PDA

View Full Version : What to beware of when returning a 360 for service?

Technosis
10-29-2007, 07:04 PM
A friend of mine's 360 crapped out, and he has one of those extended Best Buy warranties that covers the unit for defects. Should he record the serial number etc. before taking it in to avoid getting someone else's refurbished unit? Does it even matter?

otaku
10-29-2007, 07:16 PM
might be a good idea, personally I would want my unit back unless I was given a new one

gepeto
10-29-2007, 07:17 PM
I recorded mine and they sent me a refurbed one. It sucked but there is nothing you can do about it.

DrunkPollock
10-29-2007, 08:44 PM
If the warrany is thru best buy, then they will just give him a new one.

FlufflePuff
10-29-2007, 09:41 PM
Yeah, it should either be a new one or a giftcard. Make sure you back up all saved data or you'll lose it permanently.

dgdgagdae
10-29-2007, 09:50 PM
So, how does one do that if they have the RROD? I've done a web search, but I'm not having any luck. I have the same problem and need to send mine off for repair/replacement/gimmeagiftcardCC.

xplics
10-30-2007, 12:05 AM
might be a good idea, personally I would want my unit back unless I was given a new one

True indeed and there has been issues with MS before where people have been sending in the 360s for repair and not only getting different xboxs back but ones in horrible physical condition. So yes indeed do what must be done to assure you will receave what is yours back.

ProgrammingAce
10-30-2007, 12:33 AM
What should you look out for when you send your 360 in? Gremlins mainly. I don't know why some people think the 360s fail due to an x-clamp on the CPU. The real reason 360s die is because of a gremlin infestation in the main distribution hub. Once they discovered the problem and brought in a exterminator, reliability went up by orders of magnitude.

These days you "should" get back the system you send in. Unless you ran it over with your car or something that is...

BIGMIKE
10-30-2007, 04:26 PM
feeling your pain. as always the case with the 360. i personally dont have and for sure dont want. i play one of my friends from time to time. i like the system for the most part, but he had his like 6 months and was shot. i dont dig that at all. kinda give me a giggly feeling in the pit of my stomach when a 360 goes, and my toaster is just a blow away from me playin Rygar.........they just dont make em like they use to