PDA

View Full Version : Comparison of top 20 games for each system.

SkiDragon
11-03-2007, 09:38 PM
I had the idea to make this graph to get an overview of the top games for each of the three "next-gen" systems. I got the numbers from gamerankings. I realize there are a lot of issues with taking averages, as well as review scores in general, but I still thought it would be an interesting experiment.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/SkiDragon/top20.png

See how the Wii has a few good games and then drops off sharply? I thought that was rather interesting...

UniHamachi
11-03-2007, 10:31 PM
The PS3 has enough games to compile a top twenty? :o

Just kidding.

Barely.

Cinder6
11-03-2007, 11:10 PM
I'm not really surprised by this chart (though I was surprised it was seemingly backwards, heh). A timeline graph for quality of games now compared to a few months ago would be even more telling (possibly, or possibly not).

Ze_ro
11-04-2007, 12:53 AM
See how the Wii has a few good games and then drops off sharply? I thought that was rather interesting...
Well, "sharply"... At the tail end, it only shows a difference of 5% in review scores, so it's not THAT huge a difference. Still, interesting information nonetheless.

Some of this might have more to do with people (perhaps even unintentionally) comparing Wii games to PS3 and 360 games and rating them just slightly lower due to the graphics gap.

Anothing interesting thing I noticed is that the Xbox 360 has 9 titles rated at 90+%, while the Wii and PS3 have 3 and 2 respectively... those numbers are not too far off from the most recent attach rate numbers that were posted on Joystiq (which I believe were approximately 6, 3, and 3 respectively).

--Zero

BydoEmpire
11-04-2007, 07:19 AM
Interesting to see it in graph form. The 360 has been out a year longer, so it's had more time to get more quality titles. If you showed the graph on a 1-100 Y scale instead of 70-100 it would appear much closer, which Ze_ro more or less pointed out.

Trebuken
11-04-2007, 07:28 AM
If Lair and Warhawk were as good as they were supposed to be and Heavenly Sword was given the scores it deserved the PS3 would be tied on the high-end... :)

Does this include Mario Galaxy?

SkiDragon
11-04-2007, 05:29 PM
I doesn't include Galaxy, only the "ranked" games that have a certain number of reviews.

Game scores are naturally skewed toward the high end which is why I only took the high end. It would be interesting to see a density of games over different review scores.