PDA

View Full Version : 360 update: AMF Bowling 2004 and Starsky and Hutch now B/C!!

heybtbm
11-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Just kidding. Seriously though, Microsoft's new 360 backwards compatibility list was released today...

2006 FIFA World Cup Germany
25 to Life
AMF Bowling 2004
Apex
Arena Football
Armed and Dangerous
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu
Bionicle
Blade II
Blinx: The Timesweeper
Blitz: The League
Blood Omen 2
Blowout
Breakdown
Burnout 2: Point of Impact
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2
Championship Manager 2006
Colin McRae Rally 2005
Crime Life: Gang Wars
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Dungeons & Dragons Heroes
ESPN College Hoops 2K5
ESPN NFL 2K5
Fantastic 4
FIFA 06 Soccer
Fight Night: Round 3
Final Fight: Streetwise
Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone
Freedom Fighters
Freestyle Street Soccer
Future Tactics: The Uprising
Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee
Godzilla: Save the Earth
GoldenEye Rogue Agent
Greg Hastings Tournament Paintball Max'd
High Heat MLB 2004
Hunter: The Reckoning
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
MLB Slugfest Loaded
MVP Baseball 2003
MVP Baseball 2004
NASCAR Thunder 2002
NASCAR Thunder 2003
NBA 2K3
NBA Ballers
NBA Inside Drive 2002
NBA Street V3
NCAA College Basketball 2K3
NCAA March Madness 2005
NCAA March Madness 2006
NFL 2K2
NFL 2K3
NHL 2005
NHL 2K3
NHL Hitz Pro
Nightcaster: Defeat the Darkness
NTRA Breeders Cup: World Thoroughbred Championships
Playboy: The Mansion
RLH Hunt or Be Hunted
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown
Rocky
Rugby 2006
Shattered Union
Shrek Super Party
Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
Starsky & Hutch
Syberia II
Tecmo Classic Arcade
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
Test Drive
The Bard's Tale
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
The Guy Game
The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
Thousand Land
Thrillville
Tom and Jerry in War of the Whiskers
Turok: Evolution
Van Helsing
WarPath
Worms 3D
Zathura

otaku
11-27-2007, 08:30 PM
wow that is a terrible list. The big one I wanted to see was shenmue 2 (among many others) but this is just a bunch of junk

digdug
11-27-2007, 09:11 PM
I am happy they included:

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
Dungeons & Dragons Heroes
The Bard's Tale
The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age

but I don't understand the reasoning behind adding all the sports games

Kitsune Sniper
11-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Yaaaaaaaaay! Final Fight Streetwise is on the list!

Now I can finally get a 360!

*crickets chirp*

digdug: Well, probably because they only had to update one executable for each series... :p

Half Japanese
11-27-2007, 09:46 PM
I was looking at this earlier today, sort of pissed because a few of my games weren't on it. Turns out I missed the last update or two and the only game I own and care about that's missing is Toejam & Earl. I'm psyched that Outrun 2, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Phantom Crash and most of the rest of my games are playable on the 360 now, I just wish I'd have kept up and found out sooner!

Cloud121
11-27-2007, 11:14 PM
Bah... Still no Capcom vs SNK 2. Oh well. It's still good to see them updating the list.

Looking at the list again.... STILL NO MECH ASSAULT?! Are you kidding me?!

slip81
11-27-2007, 11:23 PM
another update, another let down fro BIA fans

Nesmaster
11-27-2007, 11:37 PM
Gimme The Warriors. Oh and fix Mercenaries please. :'(

DigitalSpace
11-28-2007, 04:26 AM
25 to Life.
Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu.
Playboy: The Mansion.
The Guy Game.
Turok: Evolution.

AWESOME.

</sarcasm>

Seriously though, I believe the Xbox version of Burnout 2 has some stuff the PS2 and Gamecube versions don't have. Pretty lame update though, but I'm sure someone will be glad to finally be able to play ESPN NFL 2K5 on their 360.

scooterb23
11-28-2007, 08:22 AM
Pretty lame update though, but I'm sure someone will be glad to finally be able to play ESPN NFL 2K5 on their 360.

/me raises his hand,

While it doesn't have the games most of the rest of you want...it did fix up the last 5 games I had that weren't covered. So I'm pretty happy with it.

heybtbm
11-28-2007, 09:18 AM
wow that is a terrible list. The big one I wanted to see was shenmue 2 (among many others) but this is just a bunch of junk

?

Shenmue 2 has been B/C for months (since the May update IIRC). It's on the official list at xbox.com.

Canadianzombie
11-28-2007, 11:54 AM
Here's the updated list from Xbox.com:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm
When I printed it off it took 12 pages to complete, that's rather good, I know people would like 100% compatibility, but I think Microsoft has done well considering they could have just said screw this we're not going to bother with it anymore. Don't get me wrong, I'm far from a MS fanboy, but I'm pleased to be able to play with select Xbox titles on the 360.
Mark

Neil Koch
11-29-2007, 01:39 PM
25 to Life.
Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu.
Playboy: The Mansion.
The Guy Game.
Turok: Evolution.

AWESOME.

</sarcasm>

Seriously though, I believe the Xbox version of Burnout 2 has some stuff the PS2 and Gamecube versions don't have. Pretty lame update though, but I'm sure someone will be glad to finally be able to play ESPN NFL 2K5 on their 360.

Actually, NFL 2K5 is considered by a lot of people to be the best football game of last generation, and better than the football games that have come out over the past couple of years. It makes a nice alternative for those people who want to play a football game on the 360, but don't like the laziness that has become the Madden series since they got the exclusive NFL license.

But yeah, that is a pretty underwhelming list. It's puzzling why they bothered to make crap like 25 to Life backward compatiible.

kaedesdisciple
11-29-2007, 02:33 PM
Is it at all possible that compatibility of game X is a by-product of making games Y and/or Z compatible?

Half Japanese
11-30-2007, 01:05 AM
Looking at the list again.... STILL NO MECH ASSAULT?! Are you kidding me?!

No need to fret, as I mentioned right above you that Phantom Crash is backwards compatible. The Mech Assault series might be first-party, but it is definitely second-rate. Pick up Phantom Crash and see what a real mech game on the Xbox is all about.

Cryomancer
11-30-2007, 01:10 AM
I just went through my xbox games last night, less than half of them were compatabile without issues. I have 30. This list ups it a bit with the addition of the Godzilla games though!

I too mourn the exclusion of Toejam and Earl III. However, I will say this now, make a downloadable version I can buy from the arcade with three (or more?) player online co-op and voice, and I'd buy it again. The game was supposed to have online co-op on Dreamcast even, they had it working with three players! Not to mention they could very well have been xbox mascots much like they were genesis ones before.

...and while i'm wishing for downloadable xbox games, how about finally releasing True Fantasy Live Online? Please?

Frankie_Says_Relax
11-30-2007, 05:03 AM
Tecmo Classic Arcade!

I was SO pissed when I checked if it was BC earlier this year, saw that the answer was yes, bought a brandy new copy for $5 only to find that it was in fact NOT BC.

I have yet to re-test, but if they're putting in the list, they must have fixed it.

I'm still waiting for Tron 2.0 Killer App to be BC ... but, I don't think that's ever going to happen. ;(

gepeto
11-30-2007, 11:23 AM
I thought nfl 2k5 was going to be backwards compatable?