PDA

View Full Version : Best sites for hacking PSP

venturousviking
12-01-2007, 01:58 PM
What are some of the best sites for learning how to put homebrew, use emulators, and flashing new firmware on my PSP. Just picked up a new slim and I am eager to try the Sega CD emulator. Also, has anyone have firsthand experience with bricking your PSP while hacking it and were you ever able to recover it?

thanks

Atari 5200
12-01-2007, 02:43 PM
I use psp-hacks.com. Use the forums and go to the tuts to get to know how to use everything.

Juganawt
12-01-2007, 03:57 PM
Psp-hacks.com , PSPupdates.qj.net and psp-news.dcemu.co.uk will have everything you need.

As for bricking, even a bricked system is easily recoverable now, thanks to the pandora's battery hack and the fact that all custom firmwares have a built in recovery menu if you power on the system while holding R Trigger.

Oh, and Picodrive is an awesome sega CD emulator. You can really shrink down the size of sega cd games by about 70% if you compress them to .CSO files with UMDGen 4

venturousviking
12-01-2007, 05:13 PM
Sounds like something that I am going to enjoy. It was hard to choose between the PSP and the GP2X. But I still may pick one up at a later time...thanks for the links...