PDA

View Full Version : 30 more minutes for Time Crisis 4 w/ gun for $50 at Amazon

davidbrit2
12-07-2007, 08:32 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27/103-7048282-8797449

GOGOGO

Trebuken
12-07-2007, 08:56 PM
Awesome...Thanks a ton. Really wanted this one...

davidbrit2
12-07-2007, 09:02 PM
Deal just ended. But if you need a Pantone color calibrator for $75, that's what's up now.

Anthony1
12-07-2007, 09:05 PM
Dang, I would have bought it. Basically, I would have bought it, just to check it out, and then sell it to somebody else and try to get most of my money back, kinda like an extended rental, if you will. I've heard the game is pretty lame overall, but it sure looked fun while I was watching it at Fry's Electronics with a huge crowd gathering around.

Mianrtcv
12-07-2007, 11:55 PM
DAMN!!!!!!!!!! I missed it. Now I will have to make an obtuse rationalize to buy it altogether different than "it's on sale".

walrusmonger
12-08-2007, 01:51 AM
It was only $69.99 from amazon when I checked a few hours back, that's still a great deal- I just got it last week for $89.99 and I don't regret it at all. Quite a great game :)

davidbrit2
12-08-2007, 08:29 AM
It was only $69.99 from amazon when I checked a few hours back, that's still a great deal- I just got it last week for $89.99 and I don't regret it at all. Quite a great game :)

Yeah, their normal $69.99 price is still $10 off retail (or $20 off retail, for those shops that feel required to gouge you $89.99 for it). Not too shabby at all.

I hope I can still plug in a racing wheel and use the pedals to crouch like I do with the PS2 TC games. :)

gepeto
12-08-2007, 09:45 AM
I am so sorry I missed that one.

gepeto
12-08-2007, 10:10 AM
Thanks the price is know 59.00 with free shipping. I was able to snag one.

I saw the reviews but hey it is time crisis.

Captain Wrong
12-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Pro reviews are irrelevant when it comes to arcade games. The days when pro reviewers could review an arcade port based on the critera a fan would actually use to judge such a game (and not "oh it looks old" or "you can beat it in 30 minutes") are long past.

If you like Time Crisis, you won't regret buying this.

walrusmonger
12-08-2007, 11:30 AM
Thanks for that update gepeto. For $20, it wasn't worth the trouble buying another one to take back with my receipt, but for $33 ($64 and change from amazon after shipping, $97.75 from gamestop afte tax) I just did that.

Now I can pick up CoD4 without feeling guilty :)

s1lence
12-08-2007, 01:46 PM
Dang it missed that one.

Garry Silljo
12-08-2007, 05:13 PM
Thanks for that update gepeto. For $20, it wasn't worth the trouble buying another one to take back with my receipt, but for $33 ($64 and change from amazon after shipping, $97.75 from gamestop afte tax) I just did that.

Now I can pick up CoD4 without feeling guilty :)

Seeing as how you are commiting fraud, you should feel guilty anyway.

roushimsx
12-08-2007, 05:20 PM

Considering he bought a brand new game and is returning a brand new game, I think calling it "fraud" is downright stupid.

Now if he had rewrapped a used game to return it, then yes, that'd be bad.

Garry Silljo
12-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Considering he bought a brand new game and is returning a brand new game, I think calling it "fraud" is downright stupid.

Now if he had rewrapped a used game to return it, then yes, that'd be bad.

He isn't returning the product that he purchased. It's fraud.

roushimsx
12-08-2007, 07:02 PM

I can't tell if you're just pretending to be difficult or if you really think that returning a new/sealed copy of the same game that he purchased as new/sealed is fraud.

SaturnFan
12-08-2007, 07:26 PM
I have the game but I bought another because I wanted a second Guncon3. At $50 it was a no brainer. I don't need two copies of the game so im returning one to gamestop(heard you get $20 credit for it. Not bad for a $25-$30 Guncon3 :)

Garry Silljo
12-08-2007, 09:07 PM
I can't tell if you're just pretending to be difficult or if you really think that returning a new/sealed copy of the same game that he purchased as new/sealed is fraud.

It's the same title, but it's not the copy purchased from that store on the date of the reciept. If he bought a game on a certain date, opened and played with it, and then bought the same title at a later date somewhere else at a cheaper price but returned it to the first place of purchase acting as though this later purchased copy was the original, then it's fraud.

If you disagree, then we simply disagree.

Sothy
12-08-2007, 09:36 PM
This would be good for that weight loss thread that extended light gun gaming is good exercise.

I know after an hour or so of Weaver stance I can feel it.

I dunno Am I the only one that holds the thing as if it was real or do most people one hand it or god forbid "sideways gangstah" it?

roushimsx
12-08-2007, 09:58 PM

Sounds like you don't really understand what fraud is.

I dunno Am I the only one that holds the thing as if it was real or do most people one hand it or god forbid "sideways gangstah" it?

I suspend myself upside down and yell, "I'M BATMAN, MOTHERFUCKER" as I shoot everything on the screen.

Garry Silljo
12-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Sounds like you don't really understand what fraud is.

The dictionary definition is "trickery." I wasn't accusing him in a legal sense. It was a moral judgement call. Returning the second purchase and posing it as the original can very much be considered trickery, or FRAUD. Did I say he was guilty of a crime and should be thrown in jail? No. Did I say he should FEEL guilty? Yes.

As mentioned already, we simply disagree. I function on a different set of morals then you. No one wins this one. It's just over.

Cryomancer
12-08-2007, 10:37 PM
This would be good for that weight loss thread that extended light gun gaming is good exercise.

I hold it with both hands. Total bitch to do that with a wii remote for very long. Needs pistol grip badly.

walrusmonger
12-08-2007, 11:46 PM
I think returning the same software at the store you bought it is far from fraud. They're two copies of the exact same thing. If i blindfolded you and spun you around 3 times, you wouldnt be able to tell which was the gamestop one and which was the amazon one.

Fraud is if I opened the game up and took the gun out, reshrinkwrapped, then sent it back to amazon. Returning a new copy of a game that I bought a week and a half ago is just being a smart customer.

Fraud is selling a gutted floor copy of a game as new, since the game is not sealed. That's fraud, but customers buy into it on a daily basis.

If those are your morals, more power to you for sticking to them, but they might be too high and mighty if you think what I'm going to do is fraud.

esquire
12-09-2007, 12:06 AM

No it's not that simple, because you are imposing your skewed definition on others when you accused the poster of committing a crime.

Anthony1
12-09-2007, 03:02 AM

asshole confirmed.

davidbrit2
12-09-2007, 08:33 AM
If i blindfolded you and spun you around 3 times, you wouldnt be able to tell which was the gamestop one and which was the amazon one.

Yeah you could. The Gamestop copy would be the one with a hundred fucking stickers all over it.

Captain Wrong
12-09-2007, 09:11 AM

The GC3, you have to hold two handed. There's a little "sidepod" near the end with another analog stick and some buttons. It looks kind of goofy and its weird for about half an hour, then you adjust.

To answer the question, I usually hold the gun correctly thought. I guess learning gun safety as a younger age stuck with me.

Of course, if I'm up on some two guns John Woo shit, all bets are off.

walrusmonger
12-09-2007, 09:20 AM
Yeah you could. The Gamestop copy would be the one with a hundred fucking stickers all over it.

The gamestop ones don't have stickers because they don't leave them out on the floor ;)

When playing the game, I use two hands. It just feels more natural with the weird extra part of the controller.

Garry Silljo
12-09-2007, 09:45 AM
No it's not that simple, because you are imposing your skewed definition on others when you accused the poster of committing a crime.

I already stated I was speaking on personal morality and not legality. Read all of the posts above before you improperly accuse me, the very action you condemn.

Garry Silljo
12-09-2007, 09:46 AM
asshole confirmed.

Coming from you, I wear that as a badge of honor. GOOD DAY SIR!

esquire
12-09-2007, 03:42 PM
I already stated I was speaking on personal morality and not legality. Read all of the posts above before you improperly accuse me, the very action you condemn.

I did read all of your posts...

It's the same title, but it's not the copy purchased from that store on the date of the reciept. If he bought a game on a certain date, opened and played with it, and then bought the same title at a later date somewhere else at a cheaper price but returned it to the first place of purchase acting as though this later purchased copy was the original, then it's fraud.

The dictionary definition is "trickery." I wasn't accusing him in a legal sense. It was a moral judgement call. Returning the second purchase and posing it as the original can very much be considered trickery, or FRAUD. Did I say he was guilty of a crime and should be thrown in jail? No. Did I say he should FEEL guilty? Yes.

As mentioned already, we simply disagree. I function on a different set of morals then you. No one wins this one. It's just over.

I will respond as I see fit, and I call them as I see them. It wasn't until everyone diagreed with your asinine position did you try and argue it was a "moral" argument, that being after you cited a dictionary definition of the term, which is of course objective not subjective. Even still, if it's a "judgment call", it's his and not yours.

Razor Ramon
12-09-2007, 03:55 PM
Holier than thou words

LULZ internets

meancode
12-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Hey guys, its still on Amazon for $59.99.

roushimsx
12-09-2007, 08:32 PM
Hey guys, its still on Amazon for $59.99.

They weren't able to sell out of it during the sale so I guess they reduced the price a bit more from the usual $20/off. I guess people aren't terribly interested in light gun games unless they're for the Wii :(

$50-$60 is a hell of a lot more reasonable than $90, that's for damn sure.

SaturnFan
12-09-2007, 08:57 PM
They weren't able to sell out of it during the sale so I guess they reduced the price a bit more from the usual $20/off. I guess people aren't terribly interested in light gun games unless they're for the Wii :(

$50-$60 is a hell of a lot more reasonable than $90, that's for damn sure.

This game is better than the crap on the wii. The whole game of Ghost Squad is about as long as 1 part of a level in TC4. The complete missions are also fun with FPS gameplay. You can't expect a Halo experience but it gets the job done with the controls and gameplay. I like TC4 a lot.

dgdgagdae
12-09-2007, 11:10 PM
I will respond as I see fit, and I call them as I see them. It wasn't until everyone diagreed with your asinine position did you try and argue it was a "moral" argument, that being after you cited a dictionary definition of the term, which is of course objective not subjective. Even still, if it's a "judgment call", it's his and not yours.

Not everyone disagrees with him. It's certainly dishonest. If the poster disagrees, maybe he can tell Gamestop the whole story, and let them know it's not the exact copy he purchased from them, but rather one for which he paid less than he's asking back?

walrusmonger
12-10-2007, 12:06 AM
Are you kidding me? How is it dishonest? I'm in their return period (bought the game less than 2 weeks ago) and am giving them back the exact same title that I bought from them. A new game is a new game is a new game. Their copy isn't any different from the amazon one.

I promise you, I can waltz into gamestop and tell them I got it cheaper somewhere else, and am returning that copy to them. I used to tell customers all the time to come back with their receipt if they found a game cheaper somewhere else, as long as they bought it and brought one copy back sealed.

Oh wait, I don't have to tell gamestop I am returning a different copy, because it's the same exact game. It's the same exact game. It's the same exact game.

Game 1
Game 2
game1=game 2
game 2=game 1
game 1
game 2
game 1=game 2
game 2=game 1
game 1 is game 2 is game 1 is game 2 is the same game the same game. both games are the same. the same game, exact same. game is the same.

see? the game... is the same... they are the same game... both games, are exactly the same.

If I didn't hop on that deal, I'd be a total idiot.

Now, if the powers at be feel it's "dishonest" and that I should feel "guilty", the amazon copy will come without shrink wrap on it. Which wont happen, because it's a new game. The same game, that I bought less than 2 weeks ago for $33 more.

I was smart for keeping my receipt, which I always do, because this situation DOES happen more often than not. And since... games.... are....... the....... same....... (in almost every instance in USA), you can return the game, because you bought the same thing.

And now, let us DROP THIS STUPID TOPIC. Please. Please. Please. Please.

Boyscouts, anti-boyscouts. I don't feel guilty. This is a stupid argument, and is OFF TOPIC.

Time Crisis 4 is an awesome game, for $89.99. At $69.99 it's a steal (as long as you like light gun games).

That is all.

dgdgagdae
12-10-2007, 12:15 AM
At $69.99 it's a steal.

Exactly.

Then tell them what you're doing when you return it. If you honestly, truly feel that you're doing nothing wrong, then you should have nothing to hide.

walrusmonger
12-10-2007, 12:20 AM
Exactly.

Then tell them what you're doing when you return it. If you honestly, truly feel that you're doing nothing wrong, then you should have nothing to hide.

I don't have anything to hide because it's the same exact game. And when I go into gamestop, I will tell the clerk (who won't care anyway, making minimum or slightly more than minimum wage) that I am returning a new copy of the game I got somewhere cheaper. They will say "sure" or "alright" or "whatever," and I will be on my way. If they say "sorry, I can't take that back LOLZ it's not the same game hahahahomg!!!, I will let the two boyscouts know they were right, and then return that at another gamestop and feel guilty. Which wont happen, because it's the same exact game. End of discussion.

boatofcar
12-10-2007, 12:30 AM
I did read all of your posts...

Don't feed the troll.

heybtbm
12-10-2007, 09:28 AM
$49.99 is still too much.

walrusmonger
12-12-2007, 07:38 PM
So I went down to gamestop today, returned time crisis 4- told them that I found it cheaper on amazon and that I am giving them that copy. They didn't care, the guy said that he "didn't give a shit about the company anyway."

Then I went to macy's, got some shirts, came out and went to the other gamestop in the mall. I got unreal tourney 3 for ps3, and also got the last wii they had in stock. I had wanted one for mario, since I sold mine in march because there was nothing to play.

So not only did I get my $97.75 back, but I got UT3, a Wii, mario galaxy and resident evil umbrella chronicles.

If anything, I feel great about my return- no guilt :) I just need a zapper now!

roushimsx
12-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Been playing it a bit here and there since getting it in. Digging it, though I wish it had more options available for configuring the controls. I'd love to be able to manually choose which button I want to use to pop in/out of cover or be able to assign weapon selection to a button instead of the trigger.

Also, calibrating the gun is more troublesome than it was for the PS1 or PS2 :(

walrusmonger
12-12-2007, 07:57 PM
Yeah, the calibration is harder- but what I found is that if you move the 2 IR sensors closer, it is easier.

I have a 37 inch lcd- i spaced them as far as possible when I first tried. The 2nd time I played, I moved each one in 9 inches, this made it easier to calibrate and works much better.

Garry Silljo
12-12-2007, 09:07 PM
the guy said that he "didn't give a shit about the company anyway."

Since it is the company being wronged and not the jaded employee, telling me this story adds nothing to the arguement that I thought was over anyway. I was content to drop this, why bring it back up? You know how I feel, I know how you feel, we disagree, the end.

walrusmonger
12-13-2007, 12:59 AM
it wasn't directed at you, but rather the other guy who thought it was wrong (and wanted me to tell the employee).

Lothars
12-13-2007, 02:18 AM
Since it is the company being wronged and not the jaded employee, telling me this story adds nothing to the arguement that I thought was over anyway. I was content to drop this, why bring it back up? You know how I feel, I know how you feel, we disagree, the end.

Man Garry it wasn't directed at you but why are you being such an asshole, you were wrong get over it.

Captain Wrong
12-13-2007, 08:20 AM
Knock it off guys. Really, can you take this somewhere else? You've derailed this thread enough. If you want to debate the morality of working the return policy, please start a new thread.

Thanks.

dgdgagdae
12-16-2007, 02:29 AM
it wasn't directed at you, but rather the other guy who thought it was wrong (and wanted me to tell the employee).

It is wrong, and it sounds like the employee agreed with you, based on what you say he said. But to each his own. There are plenty of dishonest people in the world, all with their silly reasons as to why they think their actions are ok.

Captain Wrong
12-16-2007, 07:29 PM
*sigh*

<lock>