PDA

View Full Version : XBOX Top 10 that is BC with the 360

boatofcar
12-10-2007, 09:35 PM
I tried looking for this through search, but since two of the three terms were too short, nothing came up. Now that the Xbox is officially (right?) dead, how about we do a final top 10 list of the best games that are on the BC list. I'm looking for something good to play on my 360. never owned an Xbox, so I have nothing to contribute. Please enlighten me!

briskbc
12-10-2007, 09:43 PM
Here's my list of games I've enjoyed and games I really want to play.

Stubbs the Zombie
Halo
Halo 2
Crimson Skies
Jade Empire
Psychnauts
Fable
Morrowind
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Chronicles of Riddick

I tried to stay with Xbox exclusives, with the exception of Psychonauts (and PC ports).

skylark
12-10-2007, 09:44 PM
There's an Xbox favorites thread in the Classic Discussion forum. But I'm happy to play, so let's see... In no order, choosing console exclusives only, and at this particular moment, I'll say:

Psychonauts (Xbox version is better than PS2, so I'm calling it exclusive)
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
KOTOR 1&2
Jade Empire
Halo 1&2 if you haven't played 3
Fable
Ninja Gaiden Black (Sigma on PS3 version may be better, don't know)
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Morrowind
Grabbed by the Ghoulies (hey, we all have at least one unpopular game we hold dear)

I'd probably give you an entirely different list if I rethought this in ten minutes.

boatofcar
12-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Is Fable really that good? I've always heard it was....well, not good and overhyped.

Vectorman0
12-10-2007, 09:52 PM
http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11062

diskoboy
12-10-2007, 09:54 PM
1. Ninja Gaiden Black
2. Ninja Gaiden Black
3. Ninja Gaiden Black
4. Ninja Gaiden Black
5. Ninja Gaiden Black
6. Ninja Gaiden Black
7. Ninja Gaiden Black
8. Ninja Gaiden Black
9. Ninja Gaiden Black

and 10. Ninja Gaiden Black.

And did I mention Ninja Gaiden Black, yet?

Seriously... I thought it was better than both Halo's combined. Still play it all the damn time. And it's still hard as holy hell. And I'm already foaming at the mouth for Ninja Gaiden 2, and all that dismemberment action.

retroman
12-10-2007, 10:20 PM
Dont forget Starwars KOTOR and KOTOR 2

8bitgamer
12-10-2007, 10:22 PM
1. Ninja Gaiden Black
2. Ninja Gaiden Black
3. Ninja Gaiden Black
4. Ninja Gaiden Black
5. Ninja Gaiden Black
6. Ninja Gaiden Black
7. Ninja Gaiden Black
8. Ninja Gaiden Black
9. Ninja Gaiden Black

Seriously... I thought it was better than both Halo's combined. Still play it all the damn time. And it's still hard as holy hell. And I'm already foaming at the mouth for Ninja Gaiden 2, and all that dismemberment action.

I picked up Ninja Gaiden Black because I couldn't beat Ninja Gaiden. I had heard that Black had easier difficulty levels from which to choose, but didn't see any in the menu. I played the game, but can't get very far. What happened to Black being a bit easier?

boatofcar
12-10-2007, 10:25 PM
http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11062

That's a heckuva long thread. I was hoping we could narrow it down to 10 games that are BC with the 360? I should change the thread title. *scurries away*

kaedesdisciple
12-10-2007, 10:37 PM
1. Ninja Gaiden Black
2. Ninja Gaiden Black
3. Ninja Gaiden Black
4. Ninja Gaiden Black
5. Ninja Gaiden Black
6. Ninja Gaiden Black
7. Ninja Gaiden Black
8. Ninja Gaiden Black
9. Ninja Gaiden Black

I wholeheartedly agree. One of the few games I'm scared to pick up again because of the ass kicking it gave me, yet I loved the hell out of it. Count me as another who can't wait for the next one to make me feel like less of a human being.

diskoboy
12-10-2007, 10:54 PM
I picked up Ninja Gaiden Black because I couldn't beat Ninja Gaiden. I had heard that Black had easier difficulty levels from which to choose, but didn't see any in the menu. I played the game, but can't get very far. What happened to Black being a bit easier?

You have to die a certian amount of times, in one spot, to get the easy (AKA - Ninja Dog) mode. It's not selectable from the get-go.

But don't expect to breeze through Ninja Dog mode, either.

ProgrammingAce
12-10-2007, 10:54 PM

Die 5 times in normal mode on the first level. The game offers you the option to play in "Ninja Dog Mode". You get to finish the game wearing a pink ribbon.

p_b
12-10-2007, 11:49 PM
Is Fable really that good? I've always heard it was....well, not good and overhyped.

It was overhyped, yes. But it still is that good, especially the Lost Chapters. Just as long as you don't expect people around you to age with you and stuff like that, it's great.

G-Boobie
12-11-2007, 03:27 AM
My own opinionated list of the ten best BC Xbox titles:

1) Morrowind
2) Doom 3
3) The Halos
4) Wrath Unleashed
5) Psychonauts
6) Panzer Dragoon Oorta
7) Silent Hill 2 Restless Dreams
8) Phantom Dust
9) Fable: The Lost Chapters
10) Marvel vs Capcom 2

NinjaJoey23
12-11-2007, 03:43 AM
I'll give my endorsement to KOTOR. I visited my mom recently and my 12 year old brother had it in his Xbox. I ended up playing it for something like 20 hours in one weekend.

Spartacus
12-11-2007, 04:42 AM
Halo's are a given, so I won't even bother to list it.

For Xbox exclusives....
Stubbs the Zombie
Razes Hell
Sid Meier's Pirates
Crimson Skies
DOOM 3
Half-Life 2
MechAssault 2
Thief: Deadly Shadows
Circus Maximus: Chariot Wars - I won't claim this game is perfect. But it's the best chariot racing game I've played by far.

Take your choice of classics for #10
Panzer Dragoon ORTA
Ninja Gaiden

I'm more a Burnout type racing fan. But if you like racing sims, you might like to check out Forza Motorsport and the Project Gotham Racing series.

I just clicked on your blog and I see that you are a teacher in South Korea. For some reason I had just assumed you were over there eyeball-to-eyeball with the heroic Peoples Army of North Korea! Korea's a very interesting country. I really hope to see re-unification in my lifetime. And then I hope they can find a sense of closure for the horrific atrocities committed in WWII.

boatofcar
12-11-2007, 07:10 AM
I just clicked on your blog and I see that you are a teacher in South Korea. For some reason I had just assumed you were over there eyeball-to-eyeball with the heroic Peoples Army of North Korea! Korea's a very interesting country. I really hope to see re-unification in my lifetime. And then I hope they can find a sense of closure for the horrific atrocities committed in WWII.

Yeah, not too many Americans are living it up in the NPRK. :) Thanks for checking out my blog!

Is KOTOR on the BC list?

kaedesdisciple
12-11-2007, 08:27 AM
This thread inspired me to fire up Ninja Gaiden Black again. I haven't played it since having my regular xbox on a little TV. Now with an HDTV and a 360, holy crap this game looks even better! It took me a few minutes to get used to fighting like a ninja again, but this game is just so finely crafted, I can see it standing the test of time.

Now I'm even more psyched about 2.

Trebuken
12-11-2007, 09:16 AM
I would add Tork to any of the above lists...

FAMOUS
12-11-2007, 11:06 AM
I always wanted to try Stubbs The Zombie...looks fun
My favorite for the original xbox was THIRTEEN

Sweater Fish Deluxe
12-11-2007, 02:12 PM
I have neither an Xbox nor and Xbox360, but if I had either of them, I think Outrun 2006 - Coast 2 Coast would be my most played game.

...word is bondage...

YoshiM
12-11-2007, 02:29 PM
You have to die a certian amount of times, in one spot, to get the easy (AKA - Ninja Dog) mode. It's not selectable from the get-go.

But don't expect to breeze through Ninja Dog mode, either.

Does Black have the right stick control a 3rd person camera instead of 1st person like in the original? That was one thing that always, ALWAYS threw me off was that stupid 1st person camera.

ProgrammingAce
12-11-2007, 04:31 PM
Does Black have the right stick control a 3rd person camera instead of 1st person like in the original? That was one thing that always, ALWAYS threw me off was that stupid 1st person camera.

IIRC yes. I remember them making the camera much better.

djbeatmongrel
12-11-2007, 05:21 PM
I dont have a 360 but some bc games i know of that i highly recommend are:

Guilty gear xx #reload
Jade Empire
Raze's Hell

its all i can thing of but i'll edit this list if i think of more.

TurboGenesis
12-11-2007, 10:57 PM
The Xbox games I like to play on my Xbox 360 are:
(not in order)

Panzer Dragoon Orta
Jet Set Radio Future
Outrun 2
Psychonauts
Halo
Halo 2
House of the Dead 3

Thats all I have that work on the 360 -- I own a total of like 12 Xbox Games :embarrassed: