PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 Legendary $60 at Walmart.com

Goodwill Hunter
12-14-2007, 06:10 PM
For those who missed the $60 deal on Amazon, here is the same deal at Walmart.com:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5515989

If there's a Walmart near you, you can have it shipped to a store for free, but it won't arrive before Christmas. Hat tip to CAG for this deal. It's been up for 2 days, so they must have a lot of them.

Rich

Gorez
12-14-2007, 07:18 PM
You know I am one of those suckers who actually bought it for $129.99 so this really pisses me off.

gepeto
12-14-2007, 07:39 PM
You know I am one of those suckers who actually bought it for $129.99 so this really pisses me off.

I totally feel you. Man so soon.

Alucard79
12-14-2007, 07:43 PM
Yeah, it's pretty shitty of them to be dropping the price on this so soon. At least I was a little lucky and had my preorder in before they raised the price to 129. But I was still out 99 bucks.

SkiDragon
12-14-2007, 08:45 PM
I thought I got a good deal at $90. Why the hell is this the same price as the normal edition? They might as well just take the game out of the box and sell it by itself.

zemmix
12-14-2007, 09:20 PM
I finally got mine from Amazon this week. They probably had the best deal with no tax or shipping charge. The helmet is pretty bitchin. Worth the $60 I paid... I wouldn't have ever paid $130 for it though thats for sure!! If only I had a 360 to play this thing...

roushimsx
12-14-2007, 09:21 PM
I thought I got a good deal at $90. Why the hell is this the same price as the normal edition?

Probably because they over estimated the demand, made a couple hundred thousand of them and can't get rid of them.

Gorez
12-14-2007, 09:34 PM
Yeah, it's pretty shitty of them to be dropping the price on this so soon. At least I was a little lucky and had my preorder in before they raised the price to 129. But I was still out 99 bucks.

wtf i had my preorder in way before they raised the price, it was at GameStop, they never gave me 30$ off...thats crap too!! haha I thought these legendaries were supposed to be really rare anyway. its crap.

roushimsx
12-14-2007, 09:40 PM
I thought these legendaries were supposed to be really rare anyway.

No, they made something like 450,000 (http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=ALegendintheMaking) of them.

With regard to modern consoles, "Limited Editions" and the like are very rarely anything remotely resembling rare, which is what made the Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence LE such a surprise. I still get a chuckle out of the Stranglehold Limited Edition being limited to just "six figures".

monkeysuit
12-14-2007, 09:46 PM
Haha...thank's a lot for the heads up!

Rev. Link
12-14-2007, 09:48 PM
Sweet, thanks Hunter. I spotted this deal from Amazon on CAG a few weeks ago, but I was too late to get in on it. I just placed my order at Wal-Mart, though. When it comes, I suppose I'll trade in my standard copy to my local Game City store.

Gorez
12-14-2007, 11:03 PM
No, they made something like 450,000 (http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=ALegendintheMaking) of them.

With regard to modern consoles, "Limited Editions" and the like are very rarely anything remotely resembling rare, which is what made the Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence LE such a surprise. I still get a chuckle out of the Stranglehold Limited Edition being limited to just "six figures".

Yeah, but when they first started taking preorders, they didnt let anyone know. Just out of nowhere for only ONE week they took preorders and not many people knew about it. Then Bungie got talked into making more Legendary types just so they would get more money and like a month later they reopened the preordering on them, then you could preorder up until the release. It was crap! Remember they already were making a 'Limited Edition' the Legendary was supposed to be rare, but they made tons just like any other 'special edition' game.

Atleast thats how I understood it all.

Alucard79
12-14-2007, 11:27 PM
wtf i had my preorder in way before they raised the price, it was at GameStop, they never gave me 30$ off...thats crap too!! haha I thought these legendaries were supposed to be really rare anyway. its crap.

My buddy had the same problem with them. His was paid in full when it was still 99 bucks, stood in line for an hour or so, and then couldn't get the game until he paid another 30 dollars. He was pissed, raised a shit-fit, and told Gamestop where they could go. It was pretty bitchin' though, because everyone in the store heard what was going on and was trying to back him up, but Gamestop still wouldn't honor the price.

josekortez
12-15-2007, 07:11 AM
I won't buy it only because my mailman is lazy and would leave it on the front porch instead of leaving a card in my mailbox and it would get stolen like my recent order from bestbuy.com.

I need a P.O. Box...

heybtbm
12-15-2007, 08:03 AM
I still get a chuckle out of the Stranglehold Limited Edition being limited to just "six figures".

Heh. Did Stranglehold even sell into the six figures? I'm guessing no.

jsiucho
12-15-2007, 09:14 AM
Nice,, just ordered mine!

JS

roushimsx
12-15-2007, 02:25 PM
Then Bungie got talked into making more Legendary types just so they would get more money and like a month later they reopened the preordering on them, then you could preorder up until the release.

Don't blame Bungie, they're weren't the publisher and they didn't have final say in how many were made.

Poofta!
12-15-2007, 02:52 PM

me too. fuck. i am never buying anything like this again. especially if its published by M$

Insaneclown
12-15-2007, 04:56 PM
Is this deal only in the States? I'm guessing so.

VACRMH
12-15-2007, 07:01 PM
In for one :)

Paid about $10 extra for tax and shipping, but I'd like to have it early in case I get a 360 for X-Mas.

Thanks.

fcw3
12-15-2007, 11:08 PM
Won't arrive by Christmas, but I ordered one. Great deal. Get the goodies for the same price as the standard packaging.

Thanks for the heads-up. This is a real treat. Santa's bringing the 360... Halo version.

FRED

Spartacus
12-17-2007, 04:06 AM
Wow! What a kick in the balls for the Halo fans who paid a premium price for the Legendary Edition. Never even crossed my mind to buy a copy at $129.99, but at $60 I'd feel foolish not to. Thanks for the heads up.
I like my Xbox, but I won't be buying a 360 until I'm SURE the red ring problems are a distant thing of the past. If and when that ever happens, there's going to be a great library of 360 games to pick up on the cheap.

Buyatari
12-17-2007, 04:32 AM
Wow! What a kick in the balls for the Halo fans who paid a premium price for the Legendary Edition. Never even crossed my mind to buy a copy at $129.99, but at $60 I'd feel foolish not to. Thanks for the heads up.
I like my Xbox, but I won't be buying a 360 until I'm SURE the red ring problems are a distant thing of the past. If and when that ever happens, there's going to be a great library of 360 games to pick up on the cheap.

I'm sure they over printed the thing and so now what do they do? Gotta get rid of them. There just overestimated the # of fans willing to pay an extra 70 bucks for a tiny helmet.

Videogamerdaryll
12-17-2007, 08:28 AM

Me too..

ProgrammingAce
12-17-2007, 06:49 PM

Let's play a little game, it's called higher/lower.

Higher

roushimsx
12-17-2007, 06:51 PM
Let's play a little game, it's called higher/lower.

Higher

I love you.

gepeto
12-17-2007, 07:39 PM
The biggest statement that says it was overpriced is the fact that it has not sold out yet.

I remember the half life 2 collectors edition pc went on sale for 30 bucks buy the time I added to the cart it was all sold out.

unwinddesign
12-18-2007, 11:15 AM
The biggest statement that says it was overpriced is the fact that it has not sold out yet.

I remember the half life 2 collectors edition pc went on sale for 30 bucks buy the time I added to the cart it was all sold out.

They were probably sold out hours before; stock doesn't really update in real-time on a lot of websites, especially back in 2004/2005. The only one really good about that is Amazon.

I know this quite well from hunting for Wiis last year.

On topic: Got mine for $100, I was going to sit on it and flip it, but seeing as how they're not rare...yeah. It's not even really limited. Limited to how many they could sell. Nice one guys!

studvicious
12-26-2007, 04:18 PM
They jacked the price back up to $130. :( I was just going to order one too with some giftcards that I got for Christmas.

Mason P.
12-27-2007, 08:31 AM

Wasn't the Bioshock LE hard to come by? I know alot of people wanted them, but the stores only got in what people preordered.

Gorez
12-27-2007, 09:02 AM
not sure about the Bioshock LE, i ended up finding one a month or so after it had already came out at gamestop. it might have just been someones that didnt come pick it up though.

Goodwill Hunter
12-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Just thought I'd confirm that the H3LE I ordered came in today...5 days earlier than promised as well:

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/9365/h3legj3.jpg

Came in mint condition inside a well packed outer box, and the Wal-Mart site-to-store pick up was quick and easy. Looks nice next to my yet-to-be-shelved Christmas present too 8-)

Rich

Insaneclown
12-29-2007, 08:41 PM
Pfffttt...they are still $150 here...but whatever. Dont need it...since I can't wear the Helmet. That's the only dissappointment. :(