PDA

View Full Version : The "Dad sells son's 90-dollar video game" thread

Jorpho
12-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Seems some sort of database hiccup ate it.
http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110372

darkhades
12-16-2007, 05:43 PM
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/071216/oddities/canada_internet_drug_christmas_offbeat

Here's a link to the story, I just stumbled upon it.

DreamTR
12-16-2007, 05:53 PM
WHy do I not believe that transaction is going to go through?

Nirvana
12-16-2007, 06:10 PM
Yeah really. Who the heck would pay that much money...

xfrumx
12-16-2007, 06:21 PM
anyone have a link to that auction?

cyberfluxor
12-16-2007, 06:24 PM
I doubt it'll get paid, look:
Auction Bid History (http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=200181539427)

xfrumx
12-16-2007, 06:35 PM
Maybe he "sold" it to a friend or another family member, so his son thinks he is not getting it for christmas but really is.

otoko
12-16-2007, 06:44 PM
That or this person is one of those who will bid tons of money on an item thinking no one will over bid.. then someone came along and "tested" how high the other person bid.

I've done that before.

xfrumx
12-16-2007, 06:48 PM
That or this person is one of those who will bid tons of money on an item thinking no one will over bid.. then someone came along and "tested" how high the other person bid.

I've done that before.

so have I that might be it

FantasiaWHT
12-16-2007, 06:55 PM
Hey Jorpho, sorry for the brief derailment, but for the longest time I thought that you just found a Peanuts .gif and wrote your own words in there (like whoever it is that has Billy from Family Circus saying "I'm Rick James, bitch!"

Then I bought the 1950-1952 Peanuts collection and saw that that's actually what he said. And it didn't make any sense there either, heh.

Nero 99
12-16-2007, 07:09 PM
so have I that might be it

me to! i remeber i made this one guy pay $210 dollars for a NES lol. i bet the dude who payed 9000 bucks for guitar hero is feellin like a jack ass right about now!^^;

otoko
12-16-2007, 07:11 PM
Yea. I remember when I was bidding on my first Virtual boy. I made someone pay just under 300 for just a virtual boy and Mario tennis.

I know it's mean but it serves them right.

Overbite
12-16-2007, 07:14 PM
why would anyone pay 9100 for GH3 for wii. it has to be a fake bid

kainemaxwell
12-16-2007, 07:22 PM
In before "Over 9000" joke. :P

Anyhow, that's pretty twisted.

aaron7
12-16-2007, 09:45 PM
searching for the video game for the Nintendo Wii gameboard.
When did the Wii become a board game?

Jorpho
12-16-2007, 09:57 PM
Hey Jorpho, sorry for the brief derailment, but for the longest time I thought that you just found a Peanuts .gif and wrote your own words in there (like whoever it is that has Billy from Family Circus saying "I'm Rick James, bitch!"

Then I bought the 1950-1952 Peanuts collection and saw that that's actually what he said. And it didn't make any sense there either, heh.

Heh. Actually, I found it in an online sample (http://www.ettitudemedia.com/fcbd1/comics.php?BookName=UnseenPeanuts) of the "Unseen Peanuts" promotional comic book from Free Comic Book Day. (I wish I hadn't missed that; I put it on my Christmas list, but I doubt anyone in my family is going to find it.)

Charlie Brown's grandeloquent vocabulary is an inspiration to children everywhere!

Chuplayer
12-16-2007, 10:22 PM
Heh. Actually, I found it in an online sample (http://www.ettitudemedia.com/fcbd1/comics.php?BookName=UnseenPeanuts) of the "Unseen Peanuts" promotional comic book from Free Comic Book Day. (I wish I hadn't missed that; I put it on my Christmas list, but I doubt anyone in my family is going to find it.)

Charlie Brown's grandeloquent vocabulary is an inspiration to children everywhere!

Holy freaking lord. When did that one come out? I would've picked up a few of them. My mom loves Snoopy, so I know she'd love it.

boatofcar
12-17-2007, 12:34 AM
Does the Unseen Peanuts book include comics not found in the complete yearly editions being published now?

ScourDX
12-17-2007, 12:42 AM
"I am still considering getting him a game for his Nintendo. Maybe something like Barbie as the Island Princess or Dancing with the Stars ... I know he will just love them," the father said, tongue-in-cheek.

LOL....father knows best for his son.

otoko
12-17-2007, 12:49 AM
"I am still considering getting him a game for his Nintendo. Maybe something like Barbie as the Island Princess or Dancing with the Stars ... I know he will just love them," the father said, tongue-in-cheek.

LOL....father knows best for his son.

Of course! I'd so be stoked to get one of those! :D

Soviet Conscript
12-17-2007, 02:31 AM
this is off topic but...

Otoko, i have to do a double take every time i see your avatar cause the guy there looks just like a friend of mine. he has that same green jacket as that and wears that same hat all the time...he doesn't have an eye patch but i'm sure he would wear one if he had one.

the resemblance is uncanny. almost as uncanny as as the Peter Moore / Ming the Merciless resemblance.

WiseSalesman
12-17-2007, 02:41 AM

Oh man. The one that has Snoopy in the electric chair is freaking disturbing. You win for bringing this to my attention.

otoko
12-17-2007, 02:42 AM
this is off topic but...

Otoko, i have to do a double take every time i see your avatar cause the guy there looks just like a friend of mine. he has that same green jacket as that and wears that same hat all the time...he doesn't have an eye patch but i'm sure he would wear one if he had one.

the resemblance is uncanny. almost as uncanny as as the Peter Moore / Ming the Merciless resemblance.

"That guy there" would be me.

You can't really tell.. but it's an army trench coat from the Korean war.

After four plus years it's falling apart.

heybtbm
12-17-2007, 08:43 AM
I wonder how many ebay noobs are rushing out to find the Wii version of GH3 so they can flip it for $9000. This story is bullshit BTW. The people at Fark got to the bottom of it apparently.

This story reminds me of those pathetic ebay (ahem..."online auction") infomercials you see. Fat, toothless hillbillies claiming they pull down 100K a year from ebay selling nick-nacks....riiiiight.

FantasiaWHT
12-17-2007, 08:57 AM
Oh man. The one that has Snoopy in the electric chair is freaking disturbing. You win for bringing this to my attention.

Yeah, I might need that for an avatar someday.

I recognized all the strips from the first of the new collections except for the last two - but those might be from later years, I only have the first collection 1950-1952

gepeto
12-17-2007, 08:57 AM
I agree totally fake. every year around christmas you get these ebay manifestos about punishing the kid buy selling there gifts. Last year it was what I believe 2 ds lites because of grades or something. I don't mind crazy sales like the found time machine (I like that one) but to uses kids I just don't agree with.

8-bitNesMan
12-17-2007, 10:08 AM
like whoever it is that has Billy from Family Circus saying "I'm Rick James, bitch!"

WHAT?!! OKAY! :)

ROTS MKII
12-18-2007, 04:57 PM
This is not new and this is why I love Christmas. Every year some sorta thing becomes a super toy like Tickle Me Elmo, Furbies, or something else.

Ha ha ha that father must be lucky to have a son like that. Sho said drugs was bad again???