PDA

View Full Version : Demo disks

Ando
12-17-2007, 05:22 PM
You know those disks that you'll find in stores and such that have short demos of the games (sometimes one game, sometimes several)? How exactly do people get a hold of those to sell them on eBay? I've asked stores if they'll sell me a demo copy of a game and they won't, saying that the original manufacturer still owns it. I wanted that demo of Nintendogs.

PingvinBlueJeans
12-17-2007, 05:25 PM
How exactly do people get a hold of those to sell them on eBay? I've asked stores if they'll sell me a demo copy of a game and they won't, saying that the original manufacturer still owns it.

They're supposed be trashed once they're no longer used, but employees usually "rescue" them from the wastebasket.

sisko
12-17-2007, 05:26 PM
You know those disks that you'll find in stores and such that have short demos of the games (sometimes one game, sometimes several)? How exactly do people get a hold of those to sell them on eBay? I've asked stores if they'll sell me a demo copy of a game and they won't, saying that the original manufacturer still owns it. I wanted that demo of Nintendogs.

In the case of Nintendo products, they are owned by the manufacturer. The rep is typically responsible for handling them, and sending them back to Nintendo.

That being said, some are bound to fall through the cracks somehow.