PDA

View Full Version : I have 3 days - what should I play?

backguard
12-17-2007, 11:41 PM
Hi everyone -

Looking for some advice. I have three days off of work and would like to find a game that would make my time off fun (unfortunately, I can't afford a trip to Europe or anything!). There are soooo many great games out that I haven't even touched and would really like to find a fun one to go through while I have the time.

My systems:
PS3 (backwards compatable w/ ps2 and ps1)
Wii (with virtual console stuff)
DS
GBA
PSP
Saturn
Sega Master System
Dreamcast

Also - I have a semi massive collection (hence no trips to Europe), so access to particular games isn't much of a problem.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Snapple
12-17-2007, 11:47 PM
You can finish Phoenix right in about three days.

Slate
12-18-2007, 12:39 AM
NiGHTS (Saturn), Jet grind radio (Dreamcast), Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii), Mm, I'll add more later because it is late here.

diskoboy
12-18-2007, 12:43 AM
Oh shit.... if you have 3 days to kill, get Ninja Gaiden Sigma for the PS3.

You'll thank me later.

monkeysuit
12-18-2007, 01:29 AM
You can finish Super Mario Galaxy in about 3 days.

WiseSalesman
12-18-2007, 01:57 AM
Beyond Good and Evil or Eternal Darkness (both GC - playable on Wii)

Oobgarm
12-18-2007, 05:38 AM
Eternal Darkness

I'll second this one. Sorely overlooked.

The Champions series on PS2 is good mindless fun.

CHOZO
12-18-2007, 10:16 AM
Eternal Darkness is an exceptionally good choice if you are a fan of Lovecraft. The entire game is basically a tribute to his stories..

swlovinist
12-18-2007, 10:28 AM
Three days huh? Well, here are my recommendations for you. There are a couple of factors to consider: Alone or with friends? Near a TV set or portable?

PS3 (backwards compatable w/ ps2 and ps1)
Wii (with virtual console stuff):

PS3: Guitar Hero III, Resistance, Warhawk,
PS2: Maximo, Sega Genesis Collection, Shinobi, REZ
PS1: Monster Rancher 2, Dragon Warrior VII, Castlevania SOTN
Wii: Super Mario Galaxy, Links Crossbow Training, Zack and Wikki
DS: Contra 4, Puzzle Quest, New Super Mario Bros any of the Castlevania games
GBA Metroid Zero Mission, Metroid Fusion, and of the Castlevania games
PSP Castlevania Chronicles, Syphon Filter, Bounty Hounds, Lumines
Saturn: Dragon Force, D&D collection, Any Capcom Collection
Sega Master System: Power Strike, Choplifter, Phantasy Star
Dreamcast: Grandia II, Shemue, Soul Calibur, Crazy Taxi

WiseSalesman
12-18-2007, 10:48 AM
Dreamcast: Grandia II

Oh man, I love this game to death. Highly recommended, although unless you're playing constantly, you may have trouble finishing it in just three days.

backguard
12-18-2007, 03:27 PM
I've got a 60 inch hdtv so I will at least rule out the DS. I do have a cube with a gb player so that might be an option. Wish I had s-video cables for the dreamcast and saturn -- but I may still go with nights for the saturn. Also I have the tv out for the psp so that could be a cool option.

I would play eternal darkness but I sat and watched a friend play it almost all the way through. Man that game is MESSED up!! Six hours to go until the marathon begins!

WiseSalesman
12-18-2007, 03:59 PM
NiGHTS is a solid choice. When I first got that game, I played it obsessively. I'd probably still be playing it if my saves hadn't evaporated.

backguard
12-20-2007, 01:47 PM
I wound up settling on Disgaea for the PSP (+ the av cable that hooks up to the tv). of course i can't possibly finish this in 3 days..........but it doesn't matter --- i got called back in to work in the middle of my vacation :)