PDA

View Full Version : MS Force Feeback steering wheel now $100

diskoboy
12-20-2007, 01:35 PM
No one has mentioned this yet, so I figure I'd start a thread.

Now is a great time to get a Force Feedback wheel, now that they're $100. You've already got a slew of racing games that are compatible, and Forza 2 absolutely kicks ass with it. Not to mention, Burnout Paradise is coming soon, and might make the sandbox aspect a little less tedious....

Anthony1
12-20-2007, 02:45 PM
Is this a new, lower MSRP, or is it a sale? If it's the new MSRP, then that means that Costco and Sam's Club will have them even cheaper. I might actually have to consider getting one at that point.

diskoboy
12-20-2007, 02:54 PM
Is this a new, lower MSRP, or is it a sale? If it's the new MSRP, then that means that Costco and Sam's Club will have them even cheaper. I might actually have to consider getting one at that point.

New MSRP.

geneshifter
12-20-2007, 04:14 PM
New MSRP.

Yup, doesn't come with PGR3 like it used to :(

Kejoriv
12-20-2007, 05:48 PM
soo tempting. I would be all over this if i wasnt a poor grad student.

Anthony1
12-20-2007, 08:04 PM
Yup, doesn't come with PGR3 like it used to :(

That's pretty lame. It really should come with Forza 2 by now anyways. Kinda weak that it doesn't come with anything.

Kejoriv
12-20-2007, 08:58 PM
That's pretty lame. It really should come with Forza 2 by now anyways. Kinda weak that it doesn't come with anything.

Isn't Forza 2 still $60? I doubt they would include that it in a $100 wheel.

Cryomancer
12-20-2007, 09:17 PM
Anyone tried it in windows?

spoon
12-21-2007, 09:21 AM
I've had it since the day it came out. I like it but have a few gripes.

The place to put your feet on the petals is a bit small and awkward at first. Likes to slide around.

No shifter, only paddle shifting. The reasoning was it would cost too much.

Only thing anyone is missing out on with PGR3 is a variant. The game and wheel perform like crap together.

The Force feedback is awesome and Forza 2 is truly a different game with the wheel. I also like NASCAR 08 and Burnout revenge somewhat with the wheel. Haven't had a chance to play any other games with it yet.

googlefest1
12-21-2007, 02:28 PM
if anyone had the opertunity to compare the old wheel to the new wheel id be interested to know if the feedback is any different

they revamped the wheel becasue of a hazard and im wondering if they made the feedback weaker